Edelbrock carb woe's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
I need some help working on my edelbrock carb?
I think its a 750 , the carb numbers are1407 0919.
I let it set around for a while till i got the T-bucket done and now it runs like crap. I have rebuilt my 600 holly and 650 doubl pump holly several times.
But know nuthing about a edelbrock.
I would like to rebuild it and adjust it myself if any one can help me figure it out ,i think that i can get a rebuild kit from auto zone ?

Carb

Yeah I would absolutely buy the tuner kit pull the carb apart they are super simple to work on and clean all the ports with compressed air to get out any debris.Once you open er up you will probably say holy s**t these things are simple.:)

If I have time this weekend , I will be changing primary jets and metering rod springs, ... I have two 500 cfm #1404 Edelbrocks juicing a 327, and it is running too rich, so I am going to smaller primary jets (#83)... First thing to do is pull out the metering rods and put them back in last... Make sure you clean out the screens below the needle & seats and adjust the floats...

Edelbrocks are so simple inside. I had to pull the tops off of the 2 on my 27 fairly often as I drove in the rain a lot and the steel parts inside would rust and flake off........plugging up some jets occasionally. Once you get the top off they are very basic and foolproof.

Don

Just a note... on Edelbrocks from the factory the front jets are larger than the rears on almost all of them.
I swap them front to rear before any other mod. After that I've only messed with rods a couple times but never on my daily

My '86 SBC gets 19-20 on the highway Thats better than a new full size.:D

Thanks guys ,i have notheing to loos on it anyways so i'll go ahead and tere into it [thats how i learned on the hollys and on my bikes [4 on a honda].
But what to set the floats on?I usually adjust to half ways up or a little better on others?

I have a couple Edlebrocks and when they sit for a long time (with gas in the bowl) they tend to get clogged from the gas (15% ethanol) varnishing up. I don't seem to have that problem with the two Holleys on the other cars.

I have a couple Edlebrocks and when they sit for a long time (with gas in the bowl) they tend to get clogged from the gas (15% ethanol) varnishing up. I don't seem to have that problem with the two Holleys on the other cars.

I have the oposite problem ,my hollys are every time i turn around needing to be cleaned out .this is the first time with the edelbrock though?

Latest posts

Back