Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would completely agree w/ya except the first 2 i took i looked over thoroughly and was convinced i had a pair of good ones...as far as i know, vortecs are bad about cracking when they get overheated, and get overheated b/c of chevy's inferior intake gaskets from the factory leaking coolant frequently....anyway, i am still not convinced on aluminum, i'm told different head bolts are needed and there is always my fear of bolts seizing in the heads--exhaust bolts, etc.

hey gas! good looking shoes for a 34!!!!!!1:cool::cool:

I ran Trick Flow aluminum heads since the mid 90's without any problems. Just put antisieze on the bolts that go into the head.

My oldest son graduated from high school last week. We're having a little party for him tonight at the house with his friends and some family. Where does the time go???[S It seems like only yesterday I was pulling the little guy around in a Radio Flyer wagon at the car shows. Now he's 6'4", and starting college.

Ditto. Mine graduated a couple of weeks back, 6'4" and all. I am with you, strange chapter in my life, reflecting on time and where it went. I wonder what will happen next.

I wonder what will happen next.

One morning you'll wake up, look in the mirror and see an old man looking back at you. Treasure every minute you have left!!

Can definitely relate. Tomorrow my oldest girl turns 35 & in a couple of months her son will be 15. And my "Baby" is 28 with 3 boys.

Hmmm,,, is that who that old guy I see looking back at me,,,,,me???[S[S

As you get more control over shifting parallel realities Sam maybe you can find yourself in Florida in the wintertime. :D

I have found control over shifting realities. It is Hurst, B&M, or Lokar. The reality is I went from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd. It was not a figment, it did happen.

I have found control over shifting realities. It is Hurst, B&M, or Lokar. The reality is I went from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd. It was not a figment, it did happen.

You have mastered the third dimension JFG
yes.gif

so this morning i called a salvage yard and ordered a head to be delivered to the shop & called the machinist to let him know... "well, we'll probably hafta go thru 4-5 to get a good 'un" well i think if it takes that many i will lose patience and (against my better judgement) buy a set of those ebay specials= sbc alum. heads for 600 ready to bolt on

[Sany suggestions?

update as of this past weekend... skipwhite sold another set of pro-comp heads, bolts, gaskets, and the needed pushrods... :D this time i choose to sit on the porch waiting instead of the mailbox...[dr sold the camel humps that i have on it now to "offset" the investment...;)

Dang. I was trying to hit the Keys, but wound up in the Everglades. This time shifting stuff isn't as easy as they make it look in the movies.

Dang. I was trying to hit the Keys, but wound up in the Everglades. This time shifting stuff isn't as easy as they make it look in the movies.

you need to replace the bushings in your hurst lightening rods. the extra play is throwing your landing off. I had to adjust my neutral saftey switch on mine. every time I hit 2nd I would default to neutral and end up in Washington DC! [cl

you need to replace the bushings in your hurst lightening rods. the extra play is throwing your landing off. I had to adjust my neutral saftey switch on mine. every time I hit 2nd I would default to neutral and end up in Washington DC! [cl

you must have had ALOT of slack if it caused you to wind up in D.C.!!!!! :eek::eek: i wound up in cleveland once--at least i think it was cleveland....[S;):cool:

you must have had ALOT of slack if it caused you to wind up in D.C.!!!!! :eek::eek: i wound up in cleveland once--at least i think it was cleveland....[S;):cool:

I believe it was something similar that caused the crash in Roswell.

Latest posts

Back