Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fall is great, isn't it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 44
She's blonde.....

My daughter looked at the corn maze photo for a couple minutes, then said..."Is this a video?".......???? Honest....she did!!!!! LOL

Lynn

My girlfriend is blonde and every once in a while she'll do or say something that makes me go...WTH?...and she will say..oooops , having a blonde moment!!!lmao[cl

The season of some of the most perfect weather on the planet after months of triple digits is here. Now what? Phoenix has a weak rod scene and this year it looks like even the lawn chair shows are thinner by half. No hangouts where you can just sip on a smoothie and hobnob with whatever motorheads come thru any day of the week. A more active scene but not by much is on the west side but that is 50 miles away. This metro area is a hundred miles across and the growth slowed with the economy but it is coming back now. "Oh look, a new strip mall". Very transient population so not much community adhesion. I love Tempe and i know it is up to me to get something started but it would be an excruciatingly slow process.

Cruisin'.

We are very lucky here in Knoxville. Almost every Saturday nite, depending on the weather, we have a real laidback cruise at a deserted Kmart parking lot. Usually 250 -300 cars and trucks. From ratrods to super slick and everything in between! The guy that owns the property requires insurance so a local speed shop provides coverage (and oldies music!). It's like a free car show every week. It's awesome.:D:D:D

Lynn

We have that near here in Scottsdale as well Shakey but there are few ownerbuilts to look at. Vettes, muscle cars,tuners and some classics. Then it is only on Saturday night. I will have four rustic rods on the road eventually and i can only drive one at a time so i need a hotspot nearby that is active every night. Poor me right? :rolleyes:

Yesterday morning I jumped in my S10 to go to work and I had no oil pressure. Hadn't drove it in about a week. Banged on the dash once, revved the motor a couple times, needle on the gauge didn't budge. Real tight on time so I didn't have time to mess with it, so hopped in my 63 and went to work.

Came home, decided to see what was up with the S10. Got in started it and oil pressure gauge was reading fine.... 1/2 second later I realized in the morning I had been looking at the temperature gauge.... DOH! :p

Yeah, I run on autopilot for about the first 45 minutes of my day. :rolleyes:

Sam,
That sounds like things I do.
Last June, when we went to Yellowstone I couldn't get the wipers in my Jeep to come on. After checking fuse,cussing and complaining about my luck I tried again and my loving bride told me "your lights are on".
Wrong lever on the steering wheel. Don't know why after owning the thing for 6 years, I forgot how to use it.
That's why I like dash mount switches.
I really don't want to think I'm getting old and senile.

My job is to travel around the country fixing crap. I am always in a different rental and it's a bear sometimes to figure out what all the knobs and switches do. Sometimes just getting the radio on will take 5 minutes. One time I forgot to check the gas gauge before I left the lot. I was flying down the road and noticed the needle was only half way. I called and told them that the car they gave me was only half full and that I didn't want to pay to fill it up. The lady at the rental place said it was no problem and she would note it on my rental agreement and to bring it back half full. After a few more miles I realized I was looking at the temp gauge, not the gas gauge :eek:
Needless to say I called back and told her my mistake. Good thing I wasn't a jerk to her when I initially called. She laughed and said not to worry about it at all.

The way they move stuff around from one vehicle to another IS really aggravating. (Is that supposed to help keep you awake?!) My work vehicle (the old family vehicle) is a Chrysler minivan. The lights are on the dash, and the wipers are .... Well, I can't remember, because our 'new' family car is a Dodge Journey, and its controls are all different. Give me back my 62 Chrysler. There was nothing on the column. The turn signals were on the left side of the dash, just below the push-button shifter. If you pushed the signal lever to the left, it meant you wanted to go to the left. If you pushed it to the right, ... Well, you get the idea, because it's LOGICAL. And the dimmer switch was on the floor, where dimmer switches belong. Oh, and the headlight switch? Pull it out one notch and you've got the parking lights on. Pull it all the way out and it's the headlights. What do they have against pull switches now-a-days?

Latest posts

Back