Engine Makeover - Tri-Power (with pics)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well my coupe was running pretty good so I decided to take it apart and fix that. Actually, my induction system is pretty boring and this nice 3X2 system followed me home from the Turkey Rod Run so I thought I would give it a new home. I think while I'm cleaning up the engine bay, I'll low mount the alternator and switch to a breakerless distributor too.

This is what my coupe's engine looks like with the hood off. Effective but it doesn't say late 50's hot rod.

So I pulled the offending carb and intake. RIP

And replaced it with this. The job is nowhere near done. I had to close up shop early today so I just set it in place and snapped off a few pics. Just use your imagination and pretend everything is connected, bolted down, buttoned up, and finished.

I decided to use a glass fuel filter for a late 50's look and black (not chrome) oil filler tube. The filter is just hanging on the line in the above photo. I don't have all the fittings yet.

Yes he was. That's where I got that. He's a pain to deal with over the phone, but if you can catch him at a show he's alright. He does good work IMO.

i still have never had a bad time with charlie but i must be the only one. i love his stuff. i just built an offy 6x2 with holley 94 all working on charlie's progressive linkage. i was putting the carbs togather and the cell phone rings, its charlie making sure i was wanting what i ordered. he said there is a better way to do it for the same price. that was cool.

Just so you guys know, Gastrick has been eyeing that thing for several years. I'm glad he finally got it so we don't have to watch him drool everytime we go to the Turkey Run and we pass by Charlies set up.

I think you'll like the way your rod runs. I had a single 4 barrel on my 32'. Switched to tri-power and the car had better all around response. I love the tri on my 31' too.

6 deuces!

When you ditch that beautiful 3 deuces setup for that 6 deuce setup next year, let me know! :D:D:D That looks really good, hope it drives even better than you hoped!

ISore

When you ditch that beautiful 3 deuces setup for that 6 deuce setup next year, let me know! :D:D:D That looks really good, hope it drives even better than you hoped!

ISore

That might not be as out of the realm as you think. I've got a 4X2 setup collecting dust that needs a lot of work that's supposed to go on my Anglia someday :D

gassersgarage, that sounds promising. I can't wait to get it going. I'm working about 16 hours a day right now (I'm even at work now) so it may be a few weeks until I get everything hooked up.

I love the 3 deuces setup, eventually that's what I hope to have with a 200r4setup to go along with it. Then life will be complete....

Latest posts

Back