EPA ruling

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMP

Looks like this ratrod,no paint thing may stick around. Epa has ruled that by 2011[3 years} you can't buy paint if your not a registered ,certified paint shop. TP

why

so the epa can regulate paint sales? why, what do they benefit from it, a tax? no more rattle cans or equipment paint, even at TSC. huge uproar is immonent. How do they have the authority ( obviously i know they can ). is it because of improper dumping of refuse or water contamination. i wont pay a guy to do my paint. i wont try to finnagle my way around for blackmarket paint either. I will finnish my car in polished steel to aggravate the h**l out of the pokeys. more govt propaganda to show they are still in charge.

this is exactly why we need someone like ron paul in government. what i mean by that is, a strict contituionalist. less govn in our lives. you can allways tell a free country by how many laws they have. ours are getting to be to many. also, do you think dupont and all the rest of the paint makers are going to stand for this? they will be having some serious law suits against the epa in the next few years.

does anyone have any links to the actual details? I have been hearing about this off and on for years now. where does the EPA decide what paint the average joe can buy? can I still buy a gallon of oil based house paint? rattle cans? untill I see some actual proof of it or someone tells me different, Ill buy my own

Looks like this ratrod,no paint thing may stick around. Epa has ruled that by 2011[3 years} you can't buy paint if your not a registered ,certified paint shop. TP
Where did you get your information from ? Did you see the actual legislation and read it your self. Does if have am id number and where can we find a copy so we can read it too. Be fore the internet we used to say belive NOTHING you hear and 1/2 of what you see. Even truer now.LFE

drugs & pain

drugs are illeagal too cant anyone buy some??:p
who dont have a friend in a bodyshop, or stock up on some stuff before
paint mixer bud in a partsstore

r12 was bootleg too, go to a junkyard and buy a recycled drum its out there

well we can count on one thing price wont go down, started on my rod and $20 of primer 15 yr ago is now $157 and they look like you are a alien :eek:looking for lacquer primer

Hey guys, we have the same crap going on up here in Canada to. I work in a body shop and we are biggining the process of setting up to spray waterbourn paint. The primers and clear coats stay the same. Just the colour is water base. Now as I understand it all paint that is to be sold with a propellant i.e. spray bomb will have to be water base or it's gone to. Anything that is to be brushed or rolled won't have to comply. As of now that is what we are being told.

airbrush paint is waterborn too but i still have to clear over it ?
The mans always watchin us ,but let him watch!he can watch us rodders come up with a new way to do it any ways ,you can't keep a good rodder down!

I don't know how to do the cut and paste junk but you can read about it in the Hemmings editoral. Also a big hoopla on the Hamb about it. it got into a big sqabble over there. But Hemmings is where I read it. It kinda reads like when they made us get rid of laquer and celluose paint. The government is trying to "save" us again. Epa can make it law kid of like the ATF makes gun laws. It says spray bombs will always be available. So I'm covered. TP

Thats funny. When I buy a can of 1-shot at the local paint store, they ask for my id. They have to make a copy of it. When I ask why, they say, "EPA regulations." Ridiculous

hotrodron, that may not be a bad thing though. You will have a history of buying paint and you may be grandfathered. I think it will take time for it to come about so if you stay under the radar you'll be alright for awhile. I used to for about 5 years do touchup paint work on the car dealership lots. I worked primarily in Houston. They got on the same kick about 10 years back. I had an EPA agent approach me on the lot one day and started asking some really dumb questions that I knew the normal person would not ask. He ask me if I wore rubber gloves,resperator, where I put my used thinners etc. I finally asked how long he had been with the EPA and he said about 2 years. yeah it shows! he told me I needed to attend a safety paint class and handed me some brochures. I went to a class at a PPG store and got a card. Never was asked again. I was supposed to keep a log of the thinner that I used and how much was waisted. It's coming . You can spray a pre-determined amount of units per day in the atmosphere and be alright. That will stop in time if it hasn't already.

Latest posts

Back