EPA Stirs the Pot Concerning Race Cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
I just got the latest SAN/SEMA update, and there is a WARNING that the EPA in the States is trying to enact a law (or a number of laws) concerning racing and race cars.

"EPA Seeks to Prohibit Conversion of Vehicles into Racecars"

I couldn't quite get the gist of it until I did a bit of digging. Seems the EPA isn't against racing parse, but is against removing, or modifying any emission components such as intakes, fuel delivery systems, exhaust components etc.

Pretty much destroying racing as we know it for the little guy. NASCAR and the like would be exempt (for now) because they are a purpose built vehicle and never were built for the public roads, or issued a VIN.

This is just the 'Cliff Notes' version as I see it. Google SAN/SEMA updates and look it up to read the whole works. I would provide a link and all that but have no idea how. Someone that is computer savvy might do it to make it easier.

If this can happen in the States, it would only be a short time before the Clowns in Canada would try the same stunt up here. This is a lot farther reaching than it first appears. Sniper:eek::eek::eek:

Just the other night we were at our shop with the garage door open and a new car drove past. It was totally silent, evidently a hybrid. I turned to my Son and said " America sure isn't what it once was, is it ?" Pretty soon we will all be driving golf cart motored cars. :(:(

I've predicted the end of our car hobby as we know it for a long time, and I am afraid the clock is ticking.

Don

I just got the latest SAN/SEMA update, and there is a WARNING that the EPA in the States is trying to enact a law (or a number of laws) concerning racing and race cars.

"EPA Seeks to Prohibit Conversion of Vehicles into Racecars"

I couldn't quite get the gist of it until I did a bit of digging. Seems the EPA isn't against racing parse, but is against removing, or modifying any emission components such as intakes, fuel delivery systems, exhaust components etc.

Pretty much destroying racing as we know it for the little guy. NASCAR and the like would be exempt (for now) because they are a purpose built vehicle and never were built for the public roads, or issued a VIN.

This is just the 'Cliff Notes' version as I see it. Google SAN/SEMA updates and look it up to read the whole works. I would provide a link and all that but have no idea how. Someone that is computer savvy might do it to make it easier.

If this can happen in the States, it would only be a short time before the Clowns in Canada would try the same stunt up here. This is a lot farther reaching than it first appears. Sniper:eek::eek::eek:

It is an always has been illegal to remove emissions equipment. We still do it anyways, whether or not it's illegal. There's nothing new here, just a change in wording.

Latest posts

Back