Ever see a car and have to have it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

Ive been in a slump for a long time. Im talking years here. Bought an old truck like I had in high school hoping it would re-light the fire but it didnt, sold off my project car and just been driving the truck as a driver like its nothing special. Now some how some way Ive got the fire back. Ive been searching for an early 60s car and came across a 63 Valiant that really caught my eye. I went and took a quick once over tonight and Ive gotta have it. If it runs and drives as well as the owner says it does Im bringing it home tomorrow.
Anybody else see a car and have to have it?

Yes. It was Nov. 1982, I was driving home from work and there at the local Chevy dealer sat a new 1983 Monte Carlo SS, white with blue stripes and interior. Fell in love with it on the spot.......next day it was sitting in my neighbor's driveway :mad:
I couldn't have afforded the car anyway but I immediately devised a plan[ddd I decided I'd have a kid (born in 1984) and then when she got old enough to drive I bought her one :D ............only took about 17 years :rolleyes:

Heathersbryfest04.jpg

She's had it 12 years now and has no plans to part with it..........but let's me drive it now and then :D

When haven't we seen a car and had to have it?????[S
Yep, in 66 my Uncle had a new 66 Goat 4 speed 4 bbl but, that wasn't the on. :rolleyes:
The one I had to have was the one the gorgeous girl was driving that almost out ran him the day I was riding shotgun :eek:
So white it almost put my eyes out 65 Goat 4 speed [ddev

65gto-fr800c.jpg

LilD, Built this one but, didn't go white

TigerinWoods.jpg

Yes. I have never had a car I didn't build myself until recently. There was a car I had seen several years (at least 7) ago that I really liked that was already built. When it came up for sale, I would have bought it but I didn't have the loot. I kept track of it over the years and eventuually, it came up for sale again. This time, I was able to work out a trade for it and got it. Not that it's anything special and it does need some work, but I HAD to have it and now I own it.

Are you kidding? I have ALD, (Automotive Lust Disorder) ISS, (Impulse Shopping Syndrome) and IFT (Irresponsible Financial Tendency). I would be all over the Valiant like stink on a monkey.

Old Iron, you're killing me. The one that got away from me was a '65 Goat. Tri-Power 389, 4 speed, red with white interior. That was 19 years ago, and I kick myself every time I think about it. I also have a drag racing affliction. Put that and the GTO together, what do you get?

"Old Iron, you're killing me. The one that got away from me was a '65 Goat. Tri-Power 389, 4 speed, red with white interior. That was 19 years ago, and I kick myself every time I think about it. I also have a drag racing affliction. Put that and the GTO together, what do you get?" [ddev

Thanks Dr. It's my high school dream car and it's a freakin ball :D

I saw a 74 T-bird once and just fell in love with it at first sight. Unfortunately I was young and not very savvy and that love at first sight caused some serious blindness. It was the worst screwing I ever got on a car. Some hack bodyshop car being sold out of an upper class home as a family owned car.

Yep..1964 Malibu SS..chromed (hi-perf..LOL)230 6 cylinder, air cooled powerglide,SS hubcaps, fire engine red with black interior..I drove it for years and loved that car..

turned out to be a bondo pig with a cheap paintjob that I didn't have the skills to fix properly..I still miss that car..

i've seen several i wanted, but lack of funds keeps me from buying any of them...:D

the "one that got away" was a 1970 mustang fastback that the guy drove to the body shop i was working at when i was 20-(19 yrs ago) told me he'd take $2250.00 for it b/c he was aggravated at it for overheating on the way over there-not boil-over, just warmer than he liked-

i went out, walked around it, it needed and interior, a paint job (but was solid) and new tires... more than i could afford, so i just went back into the shop and went back to work...

the guy never sold the car but 10 yrs ago when i was working out of my own shop he hired me to paint it:( it only reminded me of a bad decision i had made:D

Yes. It was Nov. 1982, I was driving home from work and there at the local Chevy dealer sat a new 1983 Monte Carlo SS, white with blue stripes and interior. Fell in love with it on the spot.......next day it was sitting in my neighbor's driveway :mad:
I couldn't have afforded the car anyway but I immediately devised a plan[ddd I decided I'd have a kid (born in 1984) and then when she got old enough to drive I bought her one :D ............only took about 17 years :rolleyes:

Heathersbryfest04.jpg

She's had it 12 years now and has no plans to part with it..........but let's me drive it now and then :D

Thats a cool story with a good ending. Awesome.

Yes. I have never had a car I didn't build myself until recently. There was a car I had seen several years (at least 7) ago that I really liked that was already built. When it came up for sale, I would have bought it but I didn't have the loot. I kept track of it over the years and eventuually, it came up for sale again. This time, I was able to work out a trade for it and got it. Not that it's anything special and it does need some work, but I HAD to have it and now I own it.

This little car Im wanting was actualy pulled out of a barn and fixed to running/driving condition. Has some minor interior issues, minor body work and sun beaten paint. Wont have to build it but theres plenty to be done

Latest posts

Back