Ever wonder why your packages are always damaged?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam, does that mean you know why they get damaged, or does it mean that UPS doesn't get that crazy with stuff? I have had better luck getting stuff undamaged from UPS, maybe they take more pride in their work?

UPS moves way more packages than FedX on any given day. So we just don't have time to destroy all of them. :D

Really, I'm fairly certain our drivers make a good amount more than the FedX guys - so it would be foolish to endanger the paycheck. Damages or mis-ships depends a lot on what buildings your package goes through.

Well.. The USPS system in Bristol Tn. must emoloy the FEDEX rejects. They have broken three items for me in the last few months. All marked FRAGILE, all from different parts of the country! One even showed up delivering drunk! Haven't seen him in a while.

Remember the old Samsonite commercials with the gorilla? FRAGILE? Gorillas don't read!

6packrat - Apparently one of those 'problem' buildings is your local mail office.

I think some delivery drivers help themselves to some of the packages too. I sold something on the HAMB and took it to a local Office Depot to ship it. They logged it in but it disappeared from there..........no record. I had to put in a claim with Office Depot, not UPS, because that is the way it works when you don't go to a Fed Ex or UPS facility.

A couple of weeks later I was still waiting for action and got tired of waiting, so I went to Office Depot and spoke to them. The girl said she remembered the driver picking up that package because it was heavy and an odd shape, but she didn't see the driver scan the package, he just took it.

I waited around and confronted the driver when he arrived that day and he didn't want to talk to me, he kept walking into the store as we talked. He seemed very shy about discussing it. But miraculously a few days later the box showed up on the doorstep of the guy I sold it to, just out of the blue ! :rolleyes: No one at UPS could tell me where it was that whole time since it didn't show up in their system anywhere.

What I think happened was that when the driver saw I was serious about finding out where my package was he put it back into the system and it got delivered.

Don

Latest posts

Back