Everyone says nice truck!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey that looks like the truck that's in pieces in my garage! What's under the hood (asks hesitantly because i'm expecting a sbc). And did you roll or spray the black? Do you have any pics of the inside? Thanks, Joe.

Hey that looks like the truck that's in pieces in my garage! What's under the hood (asks hesitantly because i'm expecting a sbc). And did you roll or spray the black? Do you have any pics of the inside? Thanks, Joe.

Here is the link to the photpbucket album if you want to see all of them of the truck as I went along so far.
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Jessicageorgianna/Deadanimals cars/

I like keeping things kinda pure to a sense. It has a 60's 302/C4 combo. It now has an edelbrock intake, HEI setup, Holly 4bbl and some other good mods. I did everything but the tranny rebuild and the machine work on the block.

Can't wait to see yours when you get it put back together.

Deadanimal
DSCF1102.jpg

needs lowered[ddev

Later[dr

I am in the process of rebuilding the front end now and removed three leaves from each side. Will post pics when back together again, waiting on King Pins as LMC sent me the wrong ones...
It sucks though with the rims i'm using I can't go to low cuz they are wide and are almost flush with the fender. I have some stockers but these are just too cool not to run.

Deadanimal

Here is the link to the photpbucket album if you want to see all of them of the truck as I went along so far.
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Jessicageorgianna/Deadanimals cars/

I like keeping things kinda pure to a sense. It has a 60's 302/C4 combo. It now has an edelbrock intake, HEI setup, Holly 4bbl and some other good mods. I did everything but the tranny rebuild and the machine work on the block.

Ok, sorry but you may have opened the floodgate of my questions by letting me see that photostream...

First off, awesome job keeping a Ford powerplant in Ford truck, that's getting rare.

Also, just out of my own curiosity, is that not an american truck or? I just notice that you have one single gauge in the middle of the driver's side of the dash where mine and all the ones i've seen have two, a speedometer and a 4-way.

I still don't know how you painted it, is it Rustoleum 7777?

What did you get the hanging pedals out of?

Thanks for the help!

- Joe -

Joe,

Thanks, it just makes sense to leave it as it is, a Ford. Maybe on a more unique application I might change the drive train.
It's an American truck all the way, it was just butchered up all over the dash and one of the rear fenders looked like someone took an ax to it.
Some PO had crudely installed 4 mini guages where the first guage went. So I just filled it in solid and the radio hole was pretty bad to. I still have plans for some of that with diamond plate though.

The paint is from Napa, it's commerical coatings like the military uses or farm equipment. You simply mix with reducer and spray, no hardener which made some of the process a pain as the heat in AZ keept it soft for a while.

It has a firewall mounted brake mstr cyl, so bought a hanging pedal set up from a speed shop. I had to legthen the brake pedal like 10 inches though for it to be right.

Daniel

Last edited:
Joe,

Thanks, it just makes sense to leave it as it is, a Ford. Maybe on a more unique application I might change the drive train.
It's an American truck all the way, it was just butchered up all over the dash and one of the rear fenders looked like someone took an ax to it.
Some PO had crudely installed 4 mini guages where the first guage went. So I just filled it in solid and the radio hole was pretty bad to. I still have plans for some of that with diamond plate though.

The paint is from Napa, it's commerical coatings like the military uses or farm equipment. You simply mix with reducer and spray, no hardener which made some of the process a pain as the heat in AZ keept it soft for a while.

It has a firewall mounted brake mstr cyl, so bought a hanging pedal set up from a speed shop. I had to legthen the brake pedal like 10 inches though for it to be right.

Daniel

Thanks man, i'm diggin' the diamond plate too, I saw a chevy truck one with sort of the same thing but with brushed aluminum, looked really neat. I'm also doing the bedlinered floor for now, going with Duplicolor rattle can because i've had a lot of luck in the past with it. But I figured it will hold up well and at the very least it'll be extra insulation/sound deadening if I ever put carpet in it down the road.

Latest posts

Back