Expensive Miller?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiki

I was looking to buy a new welder and kinda decided on a Millermatic 180. Good allaround machine and came with lots of recomendations. Just to mention so You will understand rest of the story, Im from Europe, Croatia.
To continue, I contacted a company that sells Miller machines not to far from me and they send ma an offer which was...ta da....2500$!
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/millermatic_180_autoset/
I know that there are taxes, shipping, handling etc. but to blow up a price 150% thats just bad selling move.
Do prices vary from the prices on their website from the ones in the store near You? Just wondering... :D

Ck this!

FIki,
Wow... that sounds pretty steep to me. Ck this site that Donsrods turned me on to...

http://www.cyberweld.com

Hope this helps & I'd definitely look around some more!!! Think I'd write Miller & ask about that & see if they had another dealer close to you!

BoB

Thx for aggreeing with me Trip :)

Hehe...just minutes ago i received email from another seller in nearby country(Slovenia) and they say that Millermatic series welders are not for EU market..what? So Why did I get an offer from a seller in my country?
Thats just too funny to me :D

Ive contacted Miller and no response so far. Hopefully Ill find one that I can buy for reasonable price.
Trip, maybe You will have more luck in getting response :)
TNX

Thx for aggreeing with me Trip :)

Hehe...just minutes ago i received email from another seller in nearby country(Slovenia) and they say that Millermatic series welders are not for EU market..what? So Why did I get an offer from a seller in my country?
Thats just too funny to me :D

Ive contacted Miller and no response so far. Hopefully Ill find one that I can buy for reasonable price.
Trip, maybe You will have more luck in getting response :)
TNX

Wondering if there might b some issue with power on a Miller over there. What type of elec do u use... same as most of Europe?

Well, supposedly that model does not have CE certificate so it cant be sold in Europe. Dont know what health or safety standards are not satisfied for it to be used in EU.
But then again, kinda of wild west here since that company gave me an offer :)

Still no response from Miller...

Have same power supply as most of Europe 230V/50Hz
Second seller told be that about CE but they have other series and models from Miller so I dont think that Miller made only that Millermatic series different then their other products :)

Last edited:
Cant you just buy it here in the states and have it shipped to you through the internet.Cyberweld is about the best and cheapest you will find.

Cyberweld doesnt accept international orders :(

First I have to check if it will work with power supply that we have here.

Electrician!?

First I have to check if it will work with power supply that we have here.

Fiki,
That would be my big question. We usually have to use an adaptor & converter when over there but I know most of the hotels have a plug like we use so I'm pretty sure an electrician there can wire it up properly for you, have you contacted one yet?

BoB

Will do that Trip, but when I think about it it shouldnt be a problem since that model runs on 230V just like we have here. Just have to find a plug adapter for it I guess.

btw. no response from Miller yet

If you run 230 volts.All you will have to do is just change the plug at the end of the welder or make a pigtail to accept the welder on one side.The the other end to the actual outlet you are going to use for the source.About 20 minutes worth of work.

Latest posts

Back