Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mock up

The easiest way I've found is to simply mount the collector and build the headers to it.

photoMA24925808-0012.jpg

I just recently came across this build,actualy in the last 20 mins.outstanding job you have a very lucky son hopefully he is much appreciative.but anyway great job looks like u are teaching him alot great build.

Ben

awsome

Great father/son project, anytime a father passes to his son or daughter his bad hot rod knowlege it brings a tear to the eye. I started the same thing with my brother so he went and bought himself a 49 chevy 1/2 ton and bought me a 53 1/2ton. we are starting to have a blast. I have tried to get my 16yr old son into a project but he never seemed to show an interest until about 2 weeks ago when i brought home a harley davidson golf cart i wanted to use at swap meets. Now the kid wants to rat the cart (what a good kid). i hope you and your son enjoy!

So So Kool......

i just checked out this whole thread, and its tottally kool the rod and doing it with your son... thats gonna be a sweet ride... thats also memories that will last a life time.... Double Kool , awsome job

Thanks for the support and comments. It's been awhile, but we found some time to work on it again. A friend found me an original '35 Truck grill but it's too big.

Attachments

• grillpost1.jpg
    grillpost1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 44
  • grillpost1 (1).jpg
    grillpost1 (1).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 74
  • grillpost1 (2).jpg
    grillpost1 (2).jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 81
It's missing grill sections so it's the perfect canidate to cut down to size.

Attachments

• grillpost1 (3).jpg
    grillpost1 (3).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 62
  • grillpost1 (4).jpg
    grillpost1 (4).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 67
  • grillpost1 (5).jpg
    grillpost1 (5).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 76
  • grillpost1 (6).jpg
    grillpost1 (6).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 68
  • grillpost1 (7).jpg
    grillpost1 (7).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 65
Much better

Attachments

• grillpost1 (8).jpg
    grillpost1 (8).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 71
  • grillpost1 (9).jpg
    grillpost1 (9).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 76
  • grillpost1 (10).jpg
    grillpost1 (10).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 73
  • grillpost1 (11).jpg
    grillpost1 (11).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 144
oh how i wish that my dad loved cars as much as i do.....
and that he was not an alocholic, but, what the heck, someday i'll build my own rat.... congrats you lucky bstrds nice ride!

Latest posts

Back