Father / Son project.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abomb

Banned
We've kinda started to build our "man cave" in the basement. The first project ??? even before the proper organizing and cleaning.....slotcar track.......

This is one of the things I always wanted when I was a kid.

slotcartrack0021.jpg

This is the test and tune part of the project, I'm pretty happy with the layout though. Next we'll work on detailing the track with some paint and "landscaping". Not that my boy really cares about the details, he just wants to race.

SA-WEET!!!!

I think I had more fun with slot-cars as an adult than when I was a kid. A friends nephew got a big set and we played that thing all night (beer was involved). Burned up the cars and had to buy him new ones.

IMHO you need one good straight away where you can go full throttle.

Man do I miss having slot cars. I used to have all kinds of em' Id change out the motors and tires and try to make em as fast as I could.

After my first divorce I had a whole room with a slot car track. A couple buddys kicked in their sets and I bought some cork screws and stuff.
One thing I highly recommend is running 2 transformers. With only one transformer, the speed of one car will affect the other one.
Cool stuff though, glad to see it.

man thats great i didnt know they were even still around
I remember getting a small track as a realy young kid and if i remember corectly i had two corvettes and one was black with a scull on it and the other was just red and boring but i played with that untill i burnt up bolth cars and then tried to find replacements was a pain in the but

but great fun and i was allways the black car with the scull on it man i still remember the day i got it

Man, good stuff - that's a nice layout!!! My dad and I built an HO railroad spread in the garage. It was our man cave - we passed a lot of time tinkering with that thing....

Latest posts

Back