Favorite Music

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Spirit of 58

Whats everyones Favorite Music? I listen to a Lot of Rockabilly, Classic Rock, Acid Rock, Classic Metal, Garage Rock, Blues, and Country.

If anyone wants some good newer vands Check out Volbeat(metalbilly), Psycho Devils, The Gaslight Anthem, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Chop Tops, Blazing Haley, Fu Manchu and Dead Meadow?

Listen to alot of psychobilly, rockabilly, punk, 50's rock'n'roll, garage rock, ska and real country not the top 40 crap played on every radio station, Hank (1st,2nd&3rd), Wayne the Train, etc.

I like, as a friend once told me, "music that hurts to listen to." :D I also like music that nobody knows what the heck they're saying. :p

Just heard Volbeat the other day - real good stuff.

All the FM stations here are generic prepackaged crap except 2 college stations and they are hit and miss - mostly miss.

So it's 9,000+ songs on my i-pod (listen to 'em in alphabetical order) I'm making a 'garage tunes' playlist right now - trying to narrow it down to 2,000 songs.

I also tend toward singers that can't really sing. [S

Good old three cord rock and roll

Nothing wrong with ACDC, ZZTop, Bob Segar, Collective Soul.....Kid Rock and even some of the new stuff... Sevendust, FiveFinger death punch.... in Michigan I listen to the Home of Rock and Roll... WRIF..... Radio Station started when I was 20 and I still listen to it after 40 years...... never dropped the rock format....just give me something to work with and keep the death screams out of it..... I don't get into Disturbed or some of the other death metal stuff... country is cool and rockabilly is cool as well.... after 60 years you learn to ignore the stuff you don't like and pay attention to the rest......besides, you can't hear over the grinders, sanders, and hammering anyway.....lol

Personally, I like to listen to classic rock, metal, rockabilly, psychobilly, country (old and new)...just about anything that ISN'T rap crap or top 40 hip hop BS

I like alot of the rock from 64-68 like yardbirds, animals etc. metal and rockabilly. I'd rather shoot myself than to listen to country;) unless its older stuff.

I'm only in my fourties, but i grew up listening to records my mother and grandparents use to play. Elvis, Jerry Lee, Bill Haley, etc, etc. I like some new stuff as well. My mother always said that I was born into the wrong generation. I dig cajun, blues, raggae, island and buffett. 60 and 70 rock as well. Can handle a little bit of country...just don't ask me to listen to jazz, rap or dance music.

Dance Music???

I'm only in my fourties, but i grew up listening to records my mother and grandparents use to play. Elvis, Jerry Lee, Bill Haley, etc, etc. I like some new stuff as well. My mother always said that I was born into the wrong generation. I dig cajun, blues, raggae, island and buffett. 60 and 70 rock as well. Can handle a little bit of country...just don't ask me to listen to jazz, rap or dance music.

How's about a little Techno Rock??? :eek:LOL Half the stuff they play now you'd have a hard time dancing too..... I have to agree about the profanity... doesn't need to be in music..... but profanity is now socially acceptable in nearly all settings... (other than my house) Sad ..... I'm only 60 years old and never cussed as much as some of these youngsters....not even while I was in the Army.....or turning wrenchs.... now every other word is the F bomb....

Don't like Country.....I got enough problems of my own. I don't need to hear about some hick losing his woman, his truck and his dog. Just play it backwards so he gets all his stuff back and stops whining. And Rap...I hate any kind of Rap ...Rap is for people who can't sing. Pretty much everything else is ok.

Sometimes non vocal so-called smooth jazz for the hours i'm on the net. Can't tolerate inane lyrics and i don't like ripples on my placid pond :)
Usually no music in the garage because it makes the time pass too fast while i am working on my rusty noisy crazy looking vehicles ?? (probably should have the water tested in the placid pond)

Last edited:
Not a fan of country at all, but there are a couple of songs they play on the radio that are not bad. No use whatsoever for rap, especially when some idiot next to you in traffic thinks he has to entertain the entire county. :mad:

I used to like 50's rock but got a little burned out on that, so I now kinda like rock from groups like Seager, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. And when I go out for a night I like a good blues band.

Don

Nice Blues place in Indy...

Not a fan of country at all, but there are a couple of songs they play on the radio that are not bad. No use whatsoever for rap, especially when some idiot next to you in traffic thinks he has to entertain the entire county. :mad:

I used to like 50's rock but got a little burned out on that, so I now kinda like rock from groups like Seager, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. And when I go out for a night I like a good blues band.

Don

The Slippery Noodle in Indy is a great blues place.... If you're ever in Indy...Lord knows you gotta like a little Stevie Ray Vaughn or BB King....[cl

Latest posts

Back