Fields of Iron

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowdrive

I came across these pics I took about 15yrs ago.......this is a farm just outside Aledo Il about 45 miles from me. The place was huge and this is just what you could see from the side of the road.....I need to get back up there and see if any of this is still there.

Aledo1.jpg

Aledo2.jpg

Aledo3.jpg

Aledo4.jpg

Aledo5.jpg

Yes,you better get back up there,it would be very interesting to see how much has changed there,lot of cool looking stuff. Take some pics and show us,please.

alot of things can change in 15 years....

you might be surprised to find it all still there![cl:cool:

--or all gone !:(:(

let us know what ya find....inquiring minds want to know

Aledo is a small town off the beaten path....we were on the way to my wifes grandmothers funeral so I was really pushing it to get these pics :eek:.....I will need to pull the map out and try to figure out how we went (not sure if we were coming from our house or from the Quad Cities where we grew up which are in opposite directions)

There was a junkyard, Curboys in Mass I think back in 88-90 that had a yard like that. Even had some older stuff (30's -40's) farther out in the yard. Wish I still knew someone there. Even at the time, they were extremely tough to talk to about old stuff unless you knew one of the family...probably all gone now....:(

There was a junkyard, Curboys in Mass I think back in 88-90 that had a yard like that. Even had some older stuff (30's -40's) farther out in the yard. Wish I still knew someone there. Even at the time, they were extremely tough to talk to about old stuff unless you knew one of the family...probably all gone now....:(

Ya this place had private property and no trespassing signs all over.......if I remember right (old age thing lol) way off in the distance on some of the hills it looked like there was a bunch of 30's stuff.

I'm only 35 miles away. Race ya!

I can't imagine all that still being there. I like the rolled Buick.

lol save your gas Sam.......I had posted those pics on our local forum today also and one of the guys we ran the Power Tour with this summer use to live near there and posted this :mad::

"Yea I used to go by there ALOT. It is sadly no longer there the EPA made him clean it up. It now has a secondrate equipment rental business on the land. Me and my dad stopped once the guy was very unfriendly. SOmething about no one helped him collect the cars so he is not going to help anyone,,, strange. That place is between Aledo and Reynolds. I used to live in Reynolds."

Lots of this stuff going away...the county made us clean the cars off Grandpa's farm about 5 years ago ( alittle over 200 ). Made him sick, he tried to fight it but just kept loosing, we managed to keep a few thing he wanted but they still b**** about that being their. He bought and paid for the farm and if thats the way he wants it, they shouldn't have any say....just a another bit of freedom we're loosing.... Sorry for the ramble:mad:

The good thing up here in Ontario is they are not doing those clean up regulations yet, the bad thing is there are no places like that to clean up.:(

The good thing up here in Ontario is they are not doing those clean up regulations yet, the bad thing is there are no places like that to clean up.:(

There are a couple.... but the guys who own them are meaner then their junkyard dogs, and usually have a small selection of shotguns close at hand. It is a shame there are not more places, but it is the nature of the beast in all reality... only so many people are willing to hold onto a rusted out 80 year old car for so long before they pass, or it passes and turns back to dust.

Latest posts

Back