Figure out the feedback.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOUGIEB59

Heres one for the masses, how do i eliminate a feedback? Ign running w/headlights on the car wont turn off @ the switch till i turn off the head hights?? Good one huh? Looking for a little wizarderical advice... Thnx d/b

Attachments

• RAT POISON.jpg
    RAT POISON.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 38
Heres one for the masses, how do i eliminate a feedback? Ign running w/headlights on the car wont turn off @ the switch till i turn off the head hights?? Good one huh? Looking for a little wizarderical advice... Thnx d/b
Headlights dont generate power on their own for feedback (like an alternator or electric fan can/do). So somewhere you have a hot wire between the lights and the switch that is a power generator.

Not to change the subject:D But what kind of intake is that?

Just for the heck of it, pull the white two wire plug out of the alternator and start it up. Do the same thing as before with the lights on and see if it will shut down.

Also, is this a new problem that just showed up, or is it something that started after a fix/repair or change of some sort?

If nothing changes, check to see if there is power to the coil when you turn on the headlights. (Remove the wire from the coil when you do this test.)

If this is a new problem that just cropped up, and there is power at the coil when the lights are on...check for a bad ground in the headlights. Weird things happen when power seeks out a ground on it's own.

Thank you!!! I think I want [dr

You can find decent deals on them if you search for them. I've bought/sold countless of them and never paid more than $250. Some guys think they are gold and super rare and want 3 to 4 times that. The X1 is a lot more rare. The C-X8 runs a lot better if you run ballance tubes between the 2 sides. Otherwise right feeds left, and left feeds right and you need to be really dialed in.

If this has been a problem all along, look at the wires on the ign switch. I have seen wires in the wrong place and the best head scratcher, make sure the wire terminals are not touching if it's a universalthere is not alot of space on them. Make a buss bar to hook up all the accesories to, then run a single wire to the switch from there.

Latest posts

Back