Filler neck hole cover ideas....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCold65

Removed the tank from my '65 F100 cab and I'm looking for some ideas to cover the filler neck hole. I don't want to do the usual weld in a plate and body fill it to look like the other side. Any ideas or suggestion?

Thanks

just leave the outer filler neck on it? so it looks like its still there
or you could put a water faucet there like the kind you hook up a hose to
outside :) i have no idea --

what are you going for?

This is where i would cut out a round piece of rusty tin and pop rivet it over the hole but you are probably thinking of something with style and good taste. :D Or kind of like Colton is thinking, put a tap and tapper handle there and let them wonder if you have a tank of beer in there!

Here was one way a guy at our show handled the filler relocation issue

P8307142.jpg

P8307143.jpg

Just don't leave the original neck in there. Eventually someone will dump 10 gallons of gas into the cab of your truck.

How about some kind of gauge? Ya could go hi-tech and put a keyless entry system in there. [S

I used the brass from a 12 gage shotgun shell to fill the lock cylinder hole in my door and it looks OK. Maybe you could find the right size artillery shell casing and use the butt end to fill the hole. I've seen them for sale at military surplus stores.

How the heck did I miss another Slick owner for so long?!?! Sweet ol truck.
Probably because I ain't been around for a while. I normally hang out here www.fordtruk.com but not many members there into the Rat Rod scene and I want my build to have some Rattitude. [ddev

@Unkl Ian, yeah I've seen those windup keys before, way to big. I had a bottle opener like that. I wonder where the wife put it?
Hmm, a power outlet....make all the tree huggers think I'm driving a Hybrid. :p

Probably because I ain't been around for a while. I normally hang out here www.fordtruk.com but not many members there into the Rat Rod scene and I want my build to have some Rattitude. [ddev

@Unkl Ian, yeah I've seen those windup keys before, way to big. I had a bottle opener like that. I wonder where the wife put it?
Hmm, a power outlet....make all the tree huggers think I'm driving a Hybrid. :p

if the car is OFF.

extend the tube all the way through the cab and out the floor. Then add a flip lid to the filler neck and use it for a urinal. :D

Latest posts

Back