Finally caught up with this guy......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
I posted a pic of half of this car awhile back in the traffic pix thread cause that's all I've been able to get in the year this car has been cruising my little 'Two Rat' town.

aprilratLarge.jpg

....got a better one the other day

MarkMurphys15BuickRatLarge.jpg

In fact I turned around that day and followed him to his shop and took a better look.

MarksRat11Large.jpg

This guy started this project with pieces of a 1915 Buick tub and the original title so it is titled as a 1915 Buick. It's on a hand built 2X4 tube frame, bagged
front and rear and runs a 500 Caddy with six carbs on a home made intake...

MarksRat8Large.jpg

The car has some pretty neat features like using the frame rails for air tanks for the bags...

MarksRat9Large.jpg

Notice the 1/4" plate firewall.........

MarksRat10Large.jpg

It is welded to the frame rails and serves as a rear engine mount and adapter plate to mate the 5 ton Military transmission....said he wanted a stick that wouldn't blow apart on his leg, LOL

MarksRat5Large.jpg

The shifter comes up under the cowl and has rods running back to the remote mounted stick....

MarksRat3Large.jpg

He used a Ford 429 flywheel (had to plug and redrill one hole), and a Chevy bell and clutch with hydraulic throw out bearing. Said the tough part was stuffing all the pedals in there.

MarksRat6Large.jpg

The Caddy runs a modified Chevy distributer and a pretty neat charging system.........do you see it?

MarksRat7Large.jpg

.......there's a Harley Davidson Stator system hidden behind that crank pulley.

This guy drives this car a lot and says it's been pretty much trouble free and actually handles quite well. He says that with the plate firewall set up there's almost no frame flex even with the big 'Caddy'

It's definitely one cool looking ride!

SF thanks for being so diligent, that ride looks good from all angles [dr
Sooooo did he take ya for a ride :cool:

......... Sooooo did he take ya for a ride :cool:

Not yet but I'm itchin' to go [dr

Cool photos and great details - Does the bomb in the truck bed serve as his gas tank?

MarksRat4Large.jpg

Yeah, that's the gas tank. I think it's an old drip tank from a natural gas compressor station.......he said the wall thickness is 1/2 inch :eek: Shouldn't have to worry about springing a leak! :p

Wow! A 500. Horsepower to weight ratio must be outstanding.

I'd be happy with a side draft Toyota 22r in a little bucket. Atleast that's what I've been planning for a few years.

Latest posts

Back