Finally picked up a new project.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that thing is amazingly solid for a LUV! I remember when they first came out in the spring of '72. One day at lunch time me and some high school friends walked to the Chevy dealer in town just to see one:D Liked them then and like them still[cl Cool trucks, and a 4.3 w/ T-5 would be pretty nice in one! My father in-law had a '78 "Mighty Mike" that was pretty cool. They were Factory 4X4 conversions done with Jeep rearends on leaf springs front and rear.....have a pic somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Here's my '76 LUV.......
meanttobetogether.jpg

......Okay, so the body HAS been modified a little:eek::eek::D

Keep us posted on what you do with this one.....and I'm with you on the slammed long bed look[dr

I didn't have a Luv, but a ford courier, straight front axle arched leafsprings, and 18 steelies...looked like a 4x4...top speed...60mph:D But I was Kool! Good luck with your trk, gotta love the little ones too...JohnT.[cl

A gun rack grill with a tool box gas tank???? yes, no, maybe???:eek:

Hahahahaha perfect, I picked up some 3" blocks today. Figures they would be a tad safer then 4" ones. Im going to try to pup some leaves to get 4" out of her. Im also going to try to.weld.on a crash bumper on either take a look at some 69 camaro.bumpers or weld.up.a rollpan.

roll pan would be nice...

Hahahahaha perfect, I picked up some 3" blocks today. Figures they would be a tad safer then 4" ones. Im going to try to pup some leaves to get 4" out of her. Im also going to try to.weld.on a crash bumper on either take a look at some 69 camaro.bumpers or weld.up.a rollpan.

you are talking lower? Right? LOL Those thin bumpers would work... might also look at the old barracuda rear bumpers (prior to those 1973 absorber types).
Like the 69... those type.... think and you could cut down, do it flat instead of chrome? ..... just a thought...:D

Attachments

• 1969_plymouth_barracuda-pic-52613.jpg
    1969_plymouth_barracuda-pic-52613.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 5
I think you're on the right track....

Onward and Upward..ah sorry... downward!..... I agree, the thin bumpers would work really well... have some lying around or going on a field trip to the yard?

Well I live like 2 blocks from a boneyard but I did find oem matching front and rear 68 camaro bumpers about an hour from me for 80 obo. I think I am going to trot around the boneyard first and see what they got. last a remember they had one of the cudas with the weird back window sitting around.

Yeah, you don't need show quality....

be surprised what you might find..... I'd go hunting first.... if it's not so nice and shiny you might feel better about blasting sanding and painting it..LOL stay open minded when you're looking... might see something else that trips your trigger.....[dr

Ive had two of those little trucks. First one had a chopped top, was lowered, had brushed aluminum disc wheel covers and was flat black. The second was stock looking but had a 350/350. Theyre nothing to be ashamed of for sure

Latest posts

Back