Finally started 1927 Ford Tribute Woodie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

I finally got started on tribute woodie.It is going to be dedicated to my late Father.Doubt I do a build thread because it will be slow because money is tight.
Wanted to build body using the same methods he did.I am running on a shoestring budget,but should be finished with it some time this summer if nothing unexpected happens.
Will probably be a long time before chassis is started,but I wanted to get wood body finished.
The changes I made from my Dad`s bodies are chopping another 2 inches for a total of 6 inch chop,made this one longer,and also whacked 1 1/2 inches off bottom of Fiberglass cowl:eek:.The sides of T`s have always looked a little high to me from the windows down.Also going to put flat roof on it.I like flat roofs on T`s,but Dad did not.He always used tapering beams,(very complicated and time consuming).Also going to use 3 hinges per door bolted flat on sides.Dad always used piano hinge hidden behind door.
I will worry about how to get in and drive it later just so it looks cool.
Wood is ERC.I know it is soft wood,but we use it on boats a lot, so no problems there.It will be wild looking when varnished.
Plywood is marine glue from south america.I do not know the species,but my dad always bought good stuff,so no worries there.Plywood will be covered with ERC when finished.I want it to look like sides were made out of lumber,but want strength of plywood.
I included 3 pictures.The one where it looks like the joints don`t line up is optical illusion in picture.They line up.[cl
Will be back on it monday if nothing goes wrong.
My big worry now is how to afford 8 quarts of interlux shcooner 96 varnish.:confused:
See you later,Rex

Attachments

• 1337206992.jpg
    1337206992.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 1337206986.jpg
    1337206986.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1337206983.jpg
    1337206983.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 29
awsome!

tribute builds are one of my favorites:D

have fun with it.

post a lot of pics, please, l would like to see the process & progress as it's being built.

Later :cool:

"Doubt I do a build thread because it will be slow"

Hey that's OK. Just take the pictures, save them, and post em' all at the same time like you built it in a week. I'll never know the difference. [cl[P[cl[P

Here is where I was on memorial day.
Have not worked on it since.
It is all done except doors,tailgate,hatch Above tailgate.
Money ran out.:(
I really had the momentum going until cash ran out.
Did everything in one week excluding Sunday.
I do not work on Sunday.
Will try to get going on doors,etc ,as soon as I raise some cash for materials.
Then when doors are on,it is just trim and putting in interior finish wood.
Black or white vinyl will cover plywood top after varnishing body.
Plywood on outside will be covered with ERC during finishing stage.
Well that`s my update.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back