Finally started the 46' Ford build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Gold

Can't leave well enough alone!
I took my truck to my friends shop to work on it. Got the roof pretty well roughed out. My roof was trashed so I used a roof from a 48'. Unfortunately thre was 8" missing out the middle so I had to patch it in. Set it on a mid 70's Datsun frame. I'm running fenders so I'll be keeping the IFS. The front sheetmetal is from a 39 Ford Standard coupe. Will be putting a 4 link in the rear and dropping the front to give a nice low stance.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

028.jpg

004.jpg

pics of other projects

Here's some other projects we're working on:

36 Ford P/U, just started to chop
006.jpg

005.jpg

32' Ford P/U
007.jpg

008.jpg

29' Ford Roadster
009.jpg

Chop!?

Gold,
I see u cut the whole front windshield area away from the cab on the chop u're doing on the '46. I've considered doing that &/or cuttin' the entire posts & leaning all that back. What was u're experience doin' it that way... it would definitely help with installin' the windshield? Have u worked on the doors yet?

BoB

Last but not least

I started working on this pile today. It was a REALLY BAD CHOP. The PO hacked this car to hell. Spent 3 hours just straightening out the roofline on one side. More to come!

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Gold,
I see u cut the whole front windshield area away from the cab on the chop u're doing on the '46. I've considered doing that &/or cuttin' the entire posts & leaning all that back. What was u're experience doin' it that way... it would definitely help with installin' the windshield? Have u worked on the doors yet?

BoB

Bob, I did the windshield back last spring. A had the truck outside and a tree fell on it in a storm. The windshield was the only area that did'nt get damaged. If you check the attached thread, I dropped and leaned the entire windshield. This gives me a larger windshield and better field of vision straight out. As far as the door tops, I've only roughed one side in for visual. Really no different than a standard leanback. I just have to split it into more sections. I should be on that soon.
Here is my old thread:
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4002

Very Cool....

Whoa, definately a case of "too much is never enough" :D
Lots of nice projects there Old Gold. :cool:
Keep us posted on the progress photos, glad you could correct and save the Chevy.
Very nice work, thanks for sharing.. '22

Nice truck.But really how big is that shop.Thats alot of projects to have going at the same shop.

The shop is'nt that big. Not much room to move around. The only one that is mine is the truck. There are 3 other guys whom share the shop and they do this for a living. I work on a customer car here and there to cover my rent and tool usage. Works out good, plus I make some extra cash as well.

Latest posts

Back