Find a 36 inch front spring.?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadRATT

Hit almost every site and cant seem to find a 36 inch LONG front spring for my axle.Called almost everyone too...no luck except Posie..( LOL..cant afford 262.00 for a spring..) Called Thompson garage 3 times,never heard back.Anyone have an idea who to call..?

Check speedway part # 91639108, 40 ford front spring. Its listed as 35 3/4and only cost 140 bucks.

Spring number

Number doesnt bring up anything...Called Speedway,spring they have..( 35 3/4..) cant be used on a frame with radius rods,only when using split wishbones..if somehow that makes sense.

Sorry, i gave you the wrong part number, it should be 58020374L. Its for a 35-40 ford using split wishbones, but the specific application doesnt really matter, if you need a 36 inch spring it should work.

Number doesnt bring up anything...Called Speedway,spring they have..( 35 3/4..) cant be used on a frame with radius rods,only when using split wishbones..if somehow that makes sense.

Please explain to me why it can only be used with Slit Bones Only. I dont think the spring really cares whats there.
It mounts the same way either way.

Or am I missing something that is not obvious.

Last edited:
They make that spring to fit a 35 to 40 ford with split bones, using the factory setup with the spring in front of the axle. Its too short to work on the 35-40 with an unsplit wishbone. None of that matters anyway, like you said, the spring dont care what you mount it to. This guy was needing a 36 inch spring, so i told him about ^^^it doesnt matter what its SUPPOSED to fit, if he needs a 36 inch spring, this one should work.

Latest posts

Back