Finger hole... again!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I weld every day for a living now,and believe me ,i have learned to wear gloves and a long sleave shirt.especially when i use the suitcase mig that they gave me .that thing will give you a ''serious sun'' burn really quick,but people still dont wanna listen to me when i tell them to get a shirt on ,and like to come in the next day with pilling skin :eek: big fun !
O yeah ''do not'' ever lay face down on a scrap peice of lexan and weld for 8 hours [i dont know what he was thinking ] it'll give ya a ''nice'' case of flash bun!I think he was trying to stay out of the mud?
I get to see a lote of goofy things happen ,but 99% of them could be avoided if they would just slow down and think of what they were doing[ i know because i do it too ,just get in to big a hurry wanting to get some thing acomplished]

Thanks Bob if yours took a month to heal the one I got last week I guess I'll be feeling for another week or two at least:eek:

Ron,
Mine was really bad but the bad part was that it really didn't hurt til it was way too late & made a *huge* hole in my index finger. Made doin' anything a real pain!

Harbor Freight welding gloves- 3 pair for $10, but then I got to thinking.............. chinese cows?:confused:

Torque,
I'm on a big "Buy USofA" kikk! Gots ta be American cows!!! :D

I get to see a lote of goofy things happen ,but 99% of them could be avoided if they would just slow down and think of what they were doing[ i know because i do it too ,just get in to big a hurry wanting to get some thing acomplished]

CT,
Isn't that the dang truth. I was in a hurry & knew better for sure. A lesson I've learned or er... not learned too many times. I've wised up on several things now though!!! ALWAYS wear safety glasses & ALWAYS wear the proper equipment... especially when cutting & welding! I love my eyes and fingers! :eek:

BoB

am i the only idiot that has ever leaned over or laid down to do a quick weld only to have a hot dingle-ball fall down into your ear and make that "bacon frying-sizzle"--it usually will get your attention!!:eek:

(no one has to tell me if i am really the only idiot that has done it):eek::D

Been there more then once. Also had the welders burn. Welded up a rear end with just my welding goggles.

Latest posts

Back