finned and other cool boats...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go. It was towed by a matching car. Way cool set up.

now that one is cool...i found one that looks like my 59 pontiac..its called a south sea samoan...only found one pic and thats it..what i would give to get my hands on one of those..

I saw this one for sale at Chikasha swap a few years back.

Attachments

• ford 57 hood 019.jpg
    ford 57 hood 019.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 30
Falls Flyers

I used to restore falls flyers, made in little falls minn. the 1955 and newer were finned and laid by chopper gun. One I did just won another show:D last year after all I did the body paint and inlays on stripes 20 year ago
the pree 55 boats were hand laid up and lighter, not as precession and have no fins, all my picures are hard copies in my shop
was a good business till some **** stiffed me on a stop payment for about $4,000:eek:

You are correct WB3. Based on the decal on the tail fin of the red one, I found some info. It looks like a 1957 model made by Herters Boats. The model was named "Herter's Chrome Fiberglas Duofoil World Famous Walk-Through Deluxe Model Flying Fish Runabout."

I doubt if Herter's actually built it, probably laid up by some other company and the Herter's sticker stuck on. I had a Herter's snowmobile carcass once and the parts were almost all generic.

Latest posts

Back