first build model a

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealnart

this is my first build and i wanted to start getting some pics up so i can get some input from the pros. I think its a 29 model a body that i found in a garbage heep and i wanted to save it. the motor is a 327 with a turbo 400 trans. ford 9 in rear end (not sure what the gear ratio is). made the frame myself. want to do a suicide front axle ummm.... more to come later Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0158.jpg
    IMAG0158.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 278
Nice find on the body. Do you have the doors? Those can be the expensive part.

I assume the engine is not resting at it's final angle? You want the tailshaft down about 3 degrees and the rear end pinion up 3 degrees. Block up the car at the ride height and stance you like and set blocks under everything to get your firewall and other clearances.

Looks like a good start.

Don

some more pictures from when i found the body and the progress

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 164
  • first.jpg
    first.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 146
  • rufsketch.jpg
    rufsketch.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 138
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 131
looking for a little help on my front axle i have a straight axle but looking for a cheaper way to get it together without spending hundreds with speedway

There's no way to cheap out on a front end. EVERYTHING should be new or completely rebuilt. Your life depends on it, so it might be worth a few hundred bucks... :rolleyes:

thats what i thought right now it is a model a front axle with the old drum brakes and not that i wanted to get by with anything just wondered if there where any tricks of the trade to make a safe but affordable front axle i will post pics of what i have so far and any help is appreciated

You can use the axle, just put 37-48 Ford pass spindles on it. Then you have unlimited choice of brakes.

Do you have the wishbone or and radius rods for it?

Latest posts

Back