First fire up YEEEE HAAAA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two words...Eee Vill.

Give us the stats on that motor...stat!

1971 460 stock bottom end, ported DOVE C heads, comp cams thumpr cam and lifters, Edelbrock torker 460 intake, edelbrock 750 cfm carb, MSD ignition. No idea on horsepower or torque, but it should be just about enough.:)

I have seen some pretty slick cars with that dropped chain steering set ups on the firewall. Just something to think about.

I am looking at using a timing chain and gears to drop it low enough. I have a manual rack and pinion mounted to the axle so I need a slip joint in there some place also. I hope that setup will remove bump steer.

You should only need about 1/2" of movement in the slip joint. With the R & P mounted to the axle no bump steer steer should occur. I've built 4 of them this way.
A friend has a very high H.P. T-Bucket with a R & P on the axle. He just lets the steering shaft and steering wheel move up and down. It moves about 1/4" on big bumps. 'Course, there isn't a lot of front suspension movement.
I have watched, and mainly listened to your video several times. Looks and sounds great!

Thanks again for all the positive comments. I seemed to drift away from this project over the summer and reading the replies has refueled me to put in the time and effort to get it done. I am about 80% done and hope to finish (like they are ever finished) by memorial weekend.

NICE!!!

EYE LIKE IT!

I was really excited after getting my pickup running. it isnt a ratrod but I spent alot of time working outside in january getting it swapped over from diesel to gas after i threw a rod on the diesel after losing oil pressure (took about 3 seconds)
I put up a vid on youtube. it was dark out but I was soo amped to hear it run
it's a 350 steel crank 4 bolt main. heads opened up for 2:02's. An Edelbrock dual plane and 650 carb and an rv cam. cheap summit headers into 2.5" pipes with the glasspacks near the end of the cab to quiet them down a little.

At first I thought, "1:31 for a first startup video...isn't that a little long?"

Then it was over, and I wondered, "Where did the time go?"

-Chaz

Latest posts

Back