Flakes and Scam Artists

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think this is funny, you should see it when we have our get togethers with our friends and family! :eek: Never a dull moment! We consider everyone here our online family. Just wait till Flat and I really get things going.....y'all just remember that we don't believe in arguing, so most of what goes on on here we are laughing our butts off! :D
I am gald everyone here has a great sense of humor!

Steaks.......:D....... I like my rare and dripping.......but not in the back....lol.....And for our "Her ie Kane", girl you just left yourself wide open for a dousing........lol......too much room to incert all sorts of punn for that one blowing around.........lol......

Flakes and deadbeats.....correct?
It is an interesting issue too bring up here. I think it is a load of crapp to really toss someones' good name on the block if they had a legitamate reason for not being on a timely delivery. And if something happened on the way to a delivery point. I find using the tracking system is a for sure route in following an item for delivery. Plus the postal services are good about tracking the flakes in the mail fraud of non-delivered goods. It does take up to 6 months to recover funds from a dead beat shipper. But in the end, it does wash out. Plus you can always find someone on the web to do a payback in the state these dead beats live.

But to actually flog someone's name from a simple over looked mistake is just wrong, and it is against the law in the first place. Defimation of charactor is an offence that can cause the accuser a great deal of valuable time and money if you have no hard core proof as in writing and a list of persons who have been harmed by such an act.
So word of caution to those who are impatient when it involves internet purchases from private individuals. I too have had some short fallings with dilivery times on materials, but as I stated once before, if there was a problem on the shipping side then it is a problem we all need to understand.

Maximo

I would beg to differ. I would see no difference in leaving bad feedback (as ebay users do) or bad comments (such as the better business bureau does) on a separate thread. This allows the other party to rebutt the comments (or embarass them into doing the right thing). The group we have here, I don't see it happening, where we would have to resort to this sort of thing. However, there is a vast cross section of people on the "other" sites that do have a problem.

An example is my wife ordered a part on ebay. Paid in advance. It took a month to receive from Florida. It was the wrong part. Contacted seller, he acknowledged it was the wrong part and asked us to ship it back (at our expense even though it was their fault). Wait a month, no part. Filed a complaint with ebay and the Better Business Bureau. Seller claims he never received the part.
Fortunately, we shipped it UPS. Contact ebay and seller that the part was delivered and signed for 3 weeks earlier. Seller then agreed to ship part. Wrong part arrived again. E-mailed seller, no answer. Left complaint in the system to warn other buyers of seller. So all in all, I think 3 months was patient enough....Live n' Learn

Latest posts

Back