Flathead engine size

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammero

Can anyone tell me how to figure out or give me a link to find out the size and possibly where to get a rebuild kit for the V-8 Flathead engine for my "49 F-1?
Many thank's in advance.
I have a 5.0/AOD setup I was going to put in it but I got to thinking that if I keep the flathead and put a three duce setup on it along with a few other parts to spice it up, it would have more of the nostalgic '40s-'50s rat rod feel.
Also, anyone know where I can get a three duce manifold or any other high performance parts for a V-8 Flathead Ford engine?
Just checking my options.

Go for it!

I have a 5.0/AOD setup I was going to put in it but I got to thinking that if I keep the flathead and put a three duce setup on it along with a few other parts to spice it up, it would have more of the nostalgic '40s-'50s rat rod feel.

Jammero,
I agree, go for it!

ISore

Thank's guys, now if someone can tell me how to figure out what size my flathead engine is, I'll be set.

November issue of Rod and Custom has a pretty good article on the flathead this month, might want to check it out. Sniper

Latest posts

Back