Flipping bones

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold03

He lives in an "Altered State"!
Can I flip the bones over on my 47 Ford axle? Will they mount and work either way? I don't have access right now to check. The bones have a kick down to clear the original frame. I would like the kick to go up instead.

"You can flip them you just need to change the rear mounting point to maintain positive caster"

That is good news. [cl

I'm looking at flipping before I do the build so the mounting point gets fabricated after the bone flip.

The bones have a offset down or a step down from the factory, I want it to step up. I have a picture but it isn't to good. You can see the off set though.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 56
You need 6-10 degrees positve caster or you will have handling problems. You can flip them you just need to change the rear mounting point to maintain positive caster.

I know that!! It gives a much more managable mounting point!
I have 6 1/2 degree's in mine!!

you can also cut them once they are flipped to adjust for caster and reweld. It is best to do this near the front where they were originally welded. This also does not limit yur rear mounting point just cut and weld

Latest posts

Back