Floor Pans???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty rodder

as it turns out I am going to replace both floor pans and toe pans on my 54. Question is which pans should be replaced first? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I too am searching for some details from photos on building floor frames so if any of you folks could help with floor frame designs please post some photos. I know not all floor frames and pans are the same but some photos would help us non-builders alot.
Thanks and God bless
Larry aka Ratcrazy

Why don't you guys post some pictures of what you got and you might get some real good input. I just use 16g sheet metal and some cardboard from Shoppers Drug Mart. Make a template out of the cardboard and then trace it onto steel.

Sean

I replaced the floor first on my '49, but I used flat steel and fabricated my own as I went along. If you intend to buy the prefab pans, it may be better to replace the toe first. Not completely sure, you may want to check w/ the vendor you're buying the parts from (Chev's of the 40's or National Chevy Association sells them).

Do you have to replace the entire toe pan?? If it is like mine was, the decay was just the bottom couple of inches - that's easily replaced by cutting back to good metal and just welding in some fab pieces....

I have a couple of photos on my build page that shows what I had to do. In retrospect, I would probably roll a few beads in the pans for strength, but they are pretty sturdy as is.... Excuse my welding prowess - old, dirty, rusty, thin metal is a royal pain to weld - as everyone on this site can attest !!! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back