for sure

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert akers

i have just got 4oo mblock c 6 trans came as apackage how to tell 400 from just looking outside only 8 bolts on head pans? intake is underneath head pands somewhat ?has diae 6015 a2c aboove the starter right side of motor? any ideas? thanks i do want to take pan off. robert akers

Look again, if the intake is under the valve covers I don't think it's a 400M
I'm not a Ford man so the possibility of me being wrong is high :)
Pics would be very helpful!!!

If you intake is partly under the valve covers your motor is an FE, like Bama says; 332, 352, 360, 390, 427, or 428. I will try to take some pictures today of an M block and an FE block.

on my 351M -400 the intake is below the valve cover , And if i remeber correctly Igot the numbers off it and called the parts house and got the size and year of it here is something too ..

id.PNG

Last edited:
Hi akers, I've got some pictures for you.
The first one is an FE motor, a 390 stroker with a 428 crank. Notice how the lighter coloured intake manifold goes under the valve covers.
The second one is a 351M, which should be the same as the 400M, but I couldn't take a picture of the front left side because the A-C pump was lieing sideways in the road on the 400M. On the M motors the heads are quite a bit wider and the intake manifold is narrower.
The third pic is bling for an FE motor.

Attachments

• IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 14
  • chrome FEtappetcovers.jpg
    chrome FEtappetcovers.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 13
if this is what the back of yours looks like and the numbers match ,, I think Id be on a ford site and selling or trading it for something .... But thats just me :D

Latest posts

Back