Ford 302 question.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ3100

What do I do with the water pump port for the heater hose and the intake manifold heater port? Can I plug them both or do they need to be connected to each other?

If plugged - how do you plug the tube on the water pump?
If connected - It looks like I need an L shaped hose about 3/4 diameter, where do I get that?

Anyone got photos of their solution on an SBF?

Thanks

I have done it a lot. The intake you can plug it or use it for the water temp.

The one on the water pump. I use the heater core caps you can find in the help rack in most auto parts store. They usually have two in the package. Just put it on with a hose clamp.

I never had any issues.

i've even seen them run with a short piece of hose with a big bolt stuck in the hose w/ a hose clamp on it.......redneck-styling at an affordable price:D

302 by-pass

I too have a 302, one of the outlets can be capped and the other needs to hooked up to the thermostat housing the little outlet next to the big radiator hose the by-pass hose can be bought at any parts store. hope this helps

Wow, thanks guys. I like the idea of capping the intake and the water pump port (I already got the by-pass hose for the one that goes to the thermostat).
The heater core caps sound like the answer.

Glad to hear it has been done with no problems.

I just looked at the rubber caps I have hanging on the wall in the garage. There in a red help package and 1 said water pump cap and the other said heater cap.

I just looked at the rubber caps I have hanging on the wall in the garage. There in a red help package and 1 said water pump cap and the other said heater cap.

Thanks. I looked at Manny M & J's today and they didn't have them. I'll check out AZ and O'R.

Latest posts

Back