ford pop(anglia)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poprodder

hi,
this is my ford pop hot rod.
runnin a boxed chassis with extra x-membersand chassis rails.
front pop beam axle has been moved to front end of chassis and mounted suicide style.
rear axle is a volvo mounted on coil overs and ladder bars, with a panhard rod for sideways location.
front brakes are ford sierra vented discs, rear are also discs(standard volvo) homemade pedal box etc with a sierra servo and m/cylinder.
engine is rover v8, from a p6 rover 3500s.
gearbox is from same vehicle, a 4 speed manual, with a shortened gear selecter.
engine fitted as standard apart from chrome valve covers on adapter plates, and edelbrock 500 4 barrel carb with edelbrock performer inlet manifold.
cooled by a heavy duty sierra radiator.
front sheet metal on car is from a ford prefect(prepop!?!)
wheels are 15" rears (on wide five pattern) wide white x-plys, fronts are 15" again on w/w x-plys. will be ss cragars with ww x-plys
interior will be plain and simple.minor seats, plain door cards,rubber mat floor etc.
colour to be **** brown(satin)
i think thats enough for now.
cheers poprodder.

142535.jpg

143404.jpg

144323.jpg

173317.jpg

135446.jpg

rears are of me old vauxhall(gm)vx, fronts i've bought s/h from nsra board(uk) £40 each, (£163 plus vat each new!!!)

6x15 and 4.5x15 560 and 760 x 15 wide wide x-plys.

123715.jpg

123722.jpg

123353.jpg

gearbox arrived , put into utility room so i'm popular........not!!!

its a zf4hp22, which is a 4speed auto. lots of swapping parts to get it to fit but its all nuts and bolts.

190437.jpg

not touched the car for a while, trying to get it home as its lived in the in-laws garage for far to long, needs to be on the road this summer.
cheers chris.

Good job so far. Get back to work:D. There are several folks here that have Pops/anglias, myself included. Bob W also has one.

Here's a photo of mine.

poprodder great job ! Looks to me that your a real creative chap. What year range rover did the engine come from? It looks very buick-ish. Is there any differences with american engine? keep up the good work and keep us posted on progress. (PS dont worry bout the utility room, they get over it)

cheers guys,
the engine is outa rover p6 3500s (a 70's motor) based on buick 216ci(i think!!!)
trans is from a jag, bell housing from a range rover.

Latest posts

Back