Ford rat rod in florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricks Garage

HELLLLLOO, Rat Rod forum....
I am located in Lake Worth , FLorida. I just completed a 1946 Ford pickup rat rod. The project was started as a bet...Now I have a neat looking 1946 Ford truck that has been chopped 6 inches, channeled 6" over a 1955 Ford P/U frame. I am using a 1954 Ford 272 Y-Block with two (2) 4100 Autolite carbs, high lift rockers and a 312 Supercharger cam, three speed manual trans, 1955 Chevy p/u rear end, 1950 Chevy p/u front axle on cut down Ford springs, tractor grill and radaitor, 1934 IH pickup bed, 1937 Ford tailgate.
All sheet metal repairs and the floor were made using the original Ford sheetmetal from the front end. The only additional metal was the angle iron bracing for the floor. Wood dash and glove box covers. Ladder bar rear. Old race car seats were cut down to look like bombers. Yes, I did all of the work except the driveshaft and machining the brake drums.
I live, breath and work in the automotive world. I am looking for a rat rod group in Southeast Florida to cruise with....

Rat Rods Forever

Awesome intro Ricks Garage, sounds like a great build and there's a lot of members of this site in Florida you should be able to hook up with.
Welcome to the triple R it's great to have ya.
Here it's very important to post pics we're picrazy and pic junkies so expect to be bombarded with pic requests.
So let me be the first, do you have any pics if so please post them?[cl[ddev[P[dr
Jim

Hey Ricks Garage

I have to say from your introduction and the products that you are using to do your build...looks like a old school build for sure. I am doing a 1953 Chevy truck and so far I have tried to stay away from anything new. I like seeing stuff that is reused rather than just doing a new 2x4 frame up. Just my 2 cents that's all.

Welcome to the maddness. Great bunch of folks on here.

MikeC

46 Ford Pickup Rat Rod Build - Florida

Here's the first batch.....

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 16
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 13
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 12
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 10
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 12
  • F.jpg
    F.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 12
  • G.jpg
    G.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 13
  • H.jpg
    H.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 11
  • J.jpg
    J.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 10
  • K.jpg
    K.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 11
I put up a whole bunch of images under the build section....but they are gone?????
I also put some up in the photo section and they are also gone?????[S:(

They are still there - they showed up for me. Were you logged in when you viewed the pages? The pics won't show if you aren't.

Anyways, cool build!

Great bunch of pictures. I really like the chop, and the hood. I was trying to see how you attached the front springs to the axle, but my eyes must not be that great anymore. Anyway, nice truck.

Latest posts

Back