Frame dimensions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

383rattruck

Hey guys I'm new to the ratrod world,just picked up a 1941 dodge pickup and am really pumped to get going on it I have a 1969 383 magnum that I plan to displace the front half with and a 8-3/4 for the back half and my question to you gentleman is if anybody has any frame drawings for the short bobber style for this truck that they may want to share with me so I can get this project started

Lots of variables involved here - type of suspension, wheel & tire size, desired ride height, etc. Every build presents it's own unique challenges. You may be raring to go, but you're going to need a lot more in place before you start any sort of chassis plan. Exact wheels & tires and desired suspension at a minimum...

The guys are right, you are doing it the wrong way. Have your body and at least some representative wheels and tires on hand, and a similar motor to the one you will be using there too. Block up the body at the height you want it at, push the tires into the spot where they look good to you, and slide the motor up against the firewall where it fits good. THEN you can decide how to build your frame.

Any other way is asking for disaster or at least a disproportionate looking car.

Don

Latest posts

Back