Frame movement when engine is placed?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davideli

How you guys doin? Ok , so iam building a frame at the moment. And i was wondering if any one new about how many inches my frame will drop once i bolt down the engine and trans. Iam goin to place a 350/ 350 package , so anyone have a good estimate. I want my frame to sit about 4 inch above the ground once everything is set in
thanks in advance , eli:d

It depends on what type of suspension you are using and the spring rate. Usually, anywhere from two to five inches, depending on your setup.

Most likely 2-3 inches easy with that set up.Why not set the motor in when you got the chassis together.

well i want to frame to sit 4 inches above the ground when everything is put in. i dont want to just build it without thinking it through , then end up finding out when i drop the engine in the frame touches the ground . no what i mean?

THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT . THIS INFO HELPS OUT A LOT

You should of used a volare front clip.It has torsion bars and the ride hieght can be adjusted to suite your needs.You know how about if 4" ends uo being to low later on? or you use a smalled od tire?

With a M2 suspension.Ride height can adjusted through spring rate and or air bags. If its too high just get lowering springs.Its easier to go down then it would be to go back up.

You will still need to have the weight in it to see where you are going to end up during mock up.

Latest posts

Back