Freebie Cab Corners.....or next thing to it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Just as the title implies, possible free or low cost cab corners if your looking to scratch build a Model T or A style body or cab. The tops of the fenders on various late model cars and trucks already have a lot of the shapes we require. This happens to be a 93 Chev pickup fender that I'm replacing. The section I'm interested in is 49 inches long over all. Lots of length there for a roadster cab corner. Could be long enough for a closed cab pickup with a mild chop. Who knows, might be possible to fab the back of a sedan body using a fender with a bigger radius but the same basic shape. Might be able to use componets from some of these egg shaped late model cars yet. Just have to use your imagination!! Take a look at the pictures and see if you 'see' the same thing as I do. If not, maybe my imagination is just running wild.:eek:

Attachments

• 93 Chev Pickup Fender.1jpg.jpg
    93 Chev Pickup Fender.1jpg.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 93 Chev Pickup Fender.2.jpg
    93 Chev Pickup Fender.2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 93 Chev Pickup Fender.3.jpg
    93 Chev Pickup Fender.3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 93 Chev Pickup Fender.4.jpg
    93 Chev Pickup Fender.4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 93 Chev Pickup Fender.5.jpg
    93 Chev Pickup Fender.5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 93 Chev Pickup Fender.6.jpg
    93 Chev Pickup Fender.6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Gotta think outside the box...'Specially when you live in the rustbelt like we do.

I found the perfect shaped metal to patch the rustout on my S-10's front toeboard wheelwells when I reno'd our main floor bath this winter...I cut off one end of the old bathtub!

PA41 used steel legs off an old wringer washer for taillight brackets on his "T" so hey creativity ROCKS!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

I had this same idea to close in the back of a 30 buick 4 door to make a pickup cab. Check the junkyards that hire crushers to come in and smash the cars they are done picking parts off of. A junkyard up the road from me set about 100 cars aside to be crushed and I was lucky enough to get to go up and take off the sheet metal i wanted before they were smashed. Since the crushers were paying about 10 dollar a hundred for steel I was able to get hoods and fenders from various cars and trucks dirt cheap (try 5 dollars a hood). Explorer and ranger hoods have similar shapes to model a and other 30 cabs for corners. Remember to be nice to the employees, it goes a long way!!![cl

you've got the right idea, guys!
i always look for old metal parts with a basic shape in it already--rather than "fabbing from scratch"

the floor pans in my project 52 ford truck came off of a 2004 chevy truck hood--simply b/c it was (1) available and (2) had a bend in it to start forming from

i had not, however thought of complete cab corners for a RPU.....will be now, tho:D[;)

Latest posts

Back