fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool truck

2194.jpg

15219.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

47ratrace110-1.jpg

tbird_10.jpg

Any more pics of that truck available?? Would like to see some different angles to see how wide that front end really is. Very cool!

The rest of what i have HH. For the youngsters here, those are spittoons :D

Thanks E, really liking the look of that truck.

those pics are neat...

Its funny cause when I look at something like that out of the box thinking way back then.. all I can think about is "traditional" hot roders today saying that such and such wouldn't have ever been done back in the day, when way back then these guys were always trying new ways of doing things..

heres my contribution of something old done in a unique way... this sort of set up would look cool on a rod.. Just look at all those springs!:eek:

it was supposedly some sort of accessory suspension

CIMG8954.jpg

S b c

like a lot of rodders saying a small block chevy is not traditional, but there was a lot in hot rods in the late 50's and early 60's already in play.

check out this one from 1960 that's got 2 SBC's in it.

August 22: This setup produced both a color cover (with Dode Martin aboard) and this B&W lead shot inside, minus Eric’s blue background paper. HRM explained how Dragmaster’s Two Thing was named accidentally: While simultaneously working on their old, single-engine dragster, Nelson & Martin started calling that car “One Thing” and this one “Two Thing,” to prevent mixing up their respective parts. Two weeks after this photo shoot, the new car collected both the Best Engineered and AA/Dragster class trophies at Detroit’s NHRA Nationals.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/hotroddeluxe/...ge_hot_rod_photos/photo_84.html#ixzz2FWiD2NbE
http://www.hotrod.com/hotroddeluxe/hrxp_1107_1960_eric_rickman_vintage_hot_rod_photos/photo_84.html

Later :cool:

Attachments

• hrxp-1107-1960-eric-rickman-vintage-hot-rod-photos-243.jpg
    hrxp-1107-1960-eric-rickman-vintage-hot-rod-photos-243.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 63
steam

1961 idea: a steam powered digger[S

August 18: Ford Walters took a different approach with this steam-powered digger. Car Craft ran a photo from a car show with a prediction that “this could be a real threat.” It wasn’t. (See Aug. ’61 Car Craft.)

Later :cool:

Attachments

• hrxp-1107-1960-eric-rickman-vintage-hot-rod-photos-235.jpg
    hrxp-1107-1960-eric-rickman-vintage-hot-rod-photos-235.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 85
those pics are neat...

Its funny cause when I look at something like that out of the box thinking way back then.. all I can think about is "traditional" hot roders today saying that such and such wouldn't have ever been done back in the day, when way back then these guys were always trying new ways of doing things..

heres my contribution of something old done in a unique way... this sort of set up would look cool on a rod.. Just look at all those springs!:eek:

it was supposedly some sort of accessory suspension

CIMG8954.jpg

What is that frame out of? It may of just gave me inspiration for my next build!

Latest posts

Back