from Stony Plain, AB

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddle Tramp

Hi all, my name is jason. Livin in Alberta, CA. Im in my mid '30s, maried with children. A welder and steel fabricator by trade. I've loved the look and culture of the rattys since my early teens and about 6 months ago I decided it was time to put one together. I put the word out to friends and family i was looking for a '30s tub and 2 weeks ago my dads neighbor(farmer) tells me me he has a '28 essex sittin out back, along with some other metal, mine if i come and pick it up. So now i have a tub, 3 out of 4 doors, firewall, windshield frame, grill, fenders, and frame. I've been holding on to for years a chevy 454 and powerglide tranny. Now seein as i'm good with a wrench, great with a welder, and an imagination as big as Texas....I also now I need to ask few questions that may just seem to boggle me. But where better to come then to a group of people that have 'Been there, done that.'

Welcome to RRR Saddle Tramp. A 28 Essex sounds like a cool project that will be different to. Good luck with it and post some project pics as you get going.

Welcome to the site. I was in Alberta once! Love any province where I can get pulled over for doing 140 km/h (85 mph) and get off!!

sorry no pics yet. We where going to go pick up the car today but my friend had his truck and trailer thursday night. (insured no worries) So im on the hunt for someone else with a set up to get the car out of the weeds. ill be sure to post a few, even one of where its been resting the last how many years, as soon as i get.

Latest posts

Back