From the az

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny The Wop

HEY GUY'S.....
So my name is Jonny but my friends call me Jonny The Wop.
You guessed it I am Sicilian.

Back Ground
I come from A long line of Greasers.My Uncle was the V.P of the Pharos Car Club out of Modesto Cal. My Uncle Joe And Uncle Tom Both Worked With Gene Winfield When he had his Shop In Modesto.My Great Uncle Bart drew Concept cars both with Gene and for Old 3/4 Hot Rod MAgs

History
From 1985-1988 I worked mowing lawns and at Burger King and had a paper route..
I saved and saved so I could buy my first dream car and I did.
In the summer of 1987.I bought my first car at the ripe age of 17 it was a 56 Merc 2 Door Hard Top. The car belonged to some friends of our family's and was purchased for $1800 I Drove it home. We did some minor Custom work as it was already done up from the late 50's.
As a kid I wanted to be Soda Pop From the Outsiders. Only Liked the cool greaser guy's
was a huge fan of Teen Age Delinquent films and B Horror Movies.... Remember wanting the 32 coupe on The Giant Gila Monster ....

In the early 90's I wanted to look for a Car Club and there where Just a handful around that enjoyed the same style of cars as I did....I was living in Seattle and was Very Active in the Rockabilly and Swing Scene
But I was unable to join a Club.In 1999 I moved Back to Modesto and Met up with some Guy's and We Started
THE SUICIDE KINGS NOR CAL CAR Club (I was Vp)
Which is still a running active club as we speak....Not Long after some of us branched off and Started
THE CREEPERS CAR CLUB NOR CAL ( I was Also VP)

I HAVE ATTENDED THESE FINE EVENTS
THE GREASE BALL 95 OR 96 ?
VIVA 1 & 2
BILLET PROOF 97-2003
SEVERAL PASO'S
HOOT N NANY 99-2000
BLESSING OF THE CARS 99
THE ANTI BLESSING 99
Car Kulture Deluxe Premier Party 2000
AMERICAN GRAFFITE CRUISE NIGHT 79-90 & 99-2003
(I LIVED 3 BLOCK'S OFF THE DRAG)

I NOW LIVE IN ARIZONA AND LOVE IT OUT HERE
I CURRENTLY HAVE A CHOPPED 54 BUICK METALLIC BLUE WITH WHITE SCALLOPS SHE IS DROPPED IN THE DIRT RUNS LAKE PIPES AND WHITES

THERE YOU GO....I LOVE TO TALK AND HANG OUT...I HOPE I GET A CHANCE TO MEET SOME OF YOU........

CHOW
J.T.W

Last edited:
I think you should give hotrodding a chance before you give it up.

Oops, too late you swallowed the hook. Congratulations, and welcome to the site.

I CURRENTLY HAVE A CHOPPED 54 BUICK METALLIC BLUE WITH WHITE SCALLOPS SHE IS DROPPED IN THE DIRT RUNS LAKE PIPES AND WHITES

welcome to the site--talk about a thorough intro:D however you mentioned a really cool car......but NO PICS[S

can't go wrong "dropped in the dirt w/lake pipes and whites"[dr
would love to see it...

HRP

Welcome to RRR, Jonny. Really liked the intro. Just one little detail,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You mentioned a 54 Buick but no pics.:D:D

Latest posts

Back