Front axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchs66

Hello Everyone. A friend of mine gave me this axle for my Rat Rod project and I was looking for ideals on how to use it[S. It is out from under a mid to early 60's Ford Econoline van. I'm thinking that running it as a suicide axle would be better than under the frame and be easier to keep my stance lower. I have a '30 Model A cowl, some 2 x 4 steel for a frame, and plan on making a shop truck out of this. Just looking for some ideals and suggestions, some of the axle's being used look close to this.

Sorry, I forgot to put this picture on before:eek:

Attachments

• R Model A 030.jpg
    R Model A 030.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 124
Save youirself a whole lot of engineering and fabrication and give Ron Pope a call (RPM on here) He makes great stuff, sells it cheaper than I can make it for, and it will bolt right on for you. Then you can move on to the other parts of the build.

Don

Thank you everyone. I didn't see the style that was used above on his web site, so I'll give him a call sometime this week. They look really good and yes should save some time and money, again thank you.

I see on Jimmy Wallbanger's build, he cut the axle and welded the bat wings on? I didn't realize you could weld on the axle's but I think it looks really nice and clean.

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 79
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 75
Thank you. I called Ron today and he wasn't in. We've had a guy out this week and haven't been getting lunch hours, so just calling when I get a chance.

Yeah Mitch,
Go to RPM they will fix you up in a hurry and for a great price, I just got one of there battery holders and it is great! I try to support people that support our hobby as much as I can. I could have made one myself but for that price and that quality.....why?

batwings

Macsratz has some nice weld on 1s an lots of other parts cheap these are what I used on my 60 Ford truck axle hit Rick up at macsratz.com that are $45 or call at 402-305-2863

Latest posts

Back