Frustrations.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
Everytime I get closer to being finshed, I get more parts and end up with more work. I had a 10 gal aluminum gas tank from a boat that I was going to install, but it needed vent and it would have to be modified for a gauge. I had the angle iron for the mount, and I was going to have a friend weld it together. Today I found a plastic 15 gal gas tank at the flee market for $10. I don't have to modify a thing. It has a fill , vent, and gauge...Back to the drawing board for a mount. Later today, a friend came over and told me his wife just gave him an expensive set of custom chrome valve covers for his birthday, so he was giving me his unused chrome valve covers. Now I have to buy gaskets. While we were talking, another friend dropped by and said he was cleaning out some of the extras he has in his garage. He handed me a brand new, still in the box Quadrajet carb. While I was looking at the carb, one of them went back to his pick up and came back with a 20" high volume electric radiator fan. AAAARRRRRGGGG...I love these guys, but at this rate I'll never get it on the road. Maybe I should call some more friends and we should have a work party. Heh heh heh.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, don't you just HATE it when people give you good stuff like this FREE????????? If I were you, I would just tell these do gooders to mind their own business and stop this nonsense. :D :D

Next time that happens Lakota, make it easy on yourself. I'll send you my address, ship me these parts so you don't have to go through that again. :rolleyes:

After all, I FEEL YOUR PAIN BRO. :D

Don

Lakota,
Sounds to me like your biggest problem is "friends taking care of you"...
Sounds like a good bunch of guys to have around when there is a problem.

Now get off the "Confuser", get back to work, and whatever you do, don't forget to take more pics.....

Have fun too...

Yes Massuh...I be gwan back to work now. I be done wif mah honey-do list (looks around real quick to see if the wifey is looking over his shoulder). I kid a lot about it but this is an on going thing with us guys. If we're at a flee market or swap meet and we see a part that one of the guys needs we'll buy it for him. When it comes to doing the actual work on the car or truck we choose to do that ourselves. besides, complaining is one of my favorite pastimes. I'd complain if I was hung from a mulberry bush with a brand new rope. It was just my way of saying Ha Ha, I got cool parts and you didn't... >:p PPPPHHHBBBBTTT.

that stuff is great but sometimes such a pain, my neighbor came up the other day and offered me a 62 pick-up thats runs for $500. $500!!!!! I had to pass because no room and no time. Made me sick to say no......:mad:

Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. A friend offered me a free 1949 F1. The wife went ballistic, we already had 4 pick ups in the back yard and the Homeowners Assoc was accusing us of running a used car lot/junkyard. I new a young lady who was new to the rodding scene, gave her the truck and got her started. 3 of the four are now gone, and my wife is stashing cash for a new build. I think she's got her eye on a 67 'Cuda.

At least your wife has a reasonable notion, my wife wants a 69 Judge......lol....I keep asking her if she has $100K or so for the down payment. It is a grant feeling when you have stuff given to you, I wish I was still back in Texas. My family lives on the north loop up by LiveOak area.
Texas was fun. Now I am out here in Utah having a blast. Good stuff everywhare to be had for reasonable prices. Some free stuff too, and near close to free. Have a great day all, I have a picnic to go to real soon.:D

Maximo

if i ever get the room, i think i'm going to buy a six car trailer and a big rig, then make a couple trips a year over the mountains so i can actually get some of the stuff you guys have languishing over there. :D

Joe, make it easier on you and the big truck. Forget the big hills. Take Rt 99S to I-10E and go through the Lower San Bernardino's. Come straight across and go through San Antonio. About 35 miles east of S A is Seguin and the home of John's Auto Salvage (Candyland). Be sure to pack a lunch, a thermos of coffee, and plenty of smokes. You'll be there a while. I was there for two hours in the Ford section, we never did make it to the Chevy section.
If you use a 48 foot flatbed, you'll only get 3 cars on there.

Latest posts

Back