gasser ranchero ! ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onequick26

Puts Nitro on his Cheerios
OK All ..... I'm sure you all have seen my Ranchero for sale ...... No one seems too want it so I'm thinking on building it in too a gasser ! I want too do a boosted small block with twins or a big single . what do you all think ?[S

Attachments

• 27T 006.jpg
    27T 006.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 47
.....well, I'm probably the wrong person to ask because I've never seen a Gasser I didn't like :eek::D But that being said, I think it would make an awesome Gasser! I've seen those year Falcons done as Gassers but never seen a Ranchero............surely there's one out there but who knows:confused: Maybe yours would be the first! Get cracking man[;)[;):D

I don't want to sound mean but I'm glad it didn't sell. I can't wait to see what you do with it. My daughter and I have a '64 ranchero on the backburner and maybe your build will get us going. The ranchero would be an awesome gasser. Heres a picture of a falcon from a car show(I dont think I ever saw a ranchero at a show).

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 25
gasser! gasser! gasser!

nose bleed altitude on a straight axle, a set of pie-crust slicks out back on a 9" and your there!

i think an old FE ford (390, 427, 428) with a pair of 4's would look nice --might be too costly depending on the budget, though

i think it would be kool as hell. i'm thinking about a 69 rambler for the samething, with a 455 olds, are a ford 460.

Attachments

• Drag%20Bash%20Oct%2016%202010%20037.jpg
    Drag%20Bash%20Oct%2016%202010%20037.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I think the lines of the body lend themselves very well to the gasser look. Like the others I haven't seen a Ranchero gasser, but have seen many falcons. I say go for it you will have something very different! PS I wouldn't do the turbo's but thats just me.

I think it is a great idea, but with a Ford engine. And I'm not the biggest gasser fan either, way to many cars getting the gasser look that would have never been used for one back in the day.
When I was a kid there was an old hillbilly that drove a 62 ranchero that he had put an econoline axle under for some reason. I always thought it was cool.

A 65 seen at the drag bash events.
Tim

Attachments

• Drag Bash 4-20-08 033.jpg
    Drag Bash 4-20-08 033.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 23
  • drag bash 9 14 08 012.jpg
    drag bash 9 14 08 012.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 13
dogpatch 1 did a build thread on an altered wheelbase '64 Comet on RRR. You might get some ideas there.

I'm on the hunt for part's ! I have kinda gave up on the boosted idea ( it would be different) but the idea of a FE block I kinda like better ! It will be a Ford in a Ford !!!!!! On a second note..... I'm in need of a grill and front bumper ! anyone ?

I'm on the hunt for part's ! I have kinda gave up on the boosted idea ( it would be different) but the idea of a FE block I kinda like better ! It will be a Ford in a Ford !!!!!! On a second note..... I'm in need of a grill and front bumper ! anyone ?

Alright! a big ol' FE up there will scream old school and be just what it needs to have the "look" imo put a 4 spd with it and your set.....[dr[cl:cool:

Latest posts

Back