G'Day Mate! from Australia!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustys1973

Hi everyone, thought Id join the site, we dont have a rat rod (yet), but in the process of collecting all my parts, we have a 1946 Chevy pick up which we love to drive around the Barossa Valley in South Australia, we were going to rod this, but now thinking it would be a shame to cut it up, so intend to leave as it is, so this weekend we are picking up another one sitting in a farm paddock, so we can start rodding the chassis, we already have another cab, but on the look out for another one to do as a rat rod.
Would be interested if anyone on here has completed a roof chop on a 46 style Chevy Pick up, I have the Tex Smiths how to chop tops book, but there are similar cabs but not that year/ make and on some of the chops, they rake the top and bottom of the front pillar to re-align, but on other ones, they make a cut through the roof and weld in a filler peice from another cab of two or three inches, this is what I was thinking of doing, but would certainly like some advice from someone who has done it before
We were thinking about 3- 4 inch chop.

1946 Chevy Pick ups.jpg[/ATTACH]

Anyways, Hi everyone!

Cheers Dave :D

Welcome to RRR, That's a great looking truck you have there and you are right it would be a sin to cut that up. Stay in touch and when you start to build do a build thread for us.

Hi and Welcome to rrr from northern Alberta, Canada. In your second picture beside your Chev is a early '30's something truck that would make a lovely project. Anyhow, I'm not even a Chev fan and I like the '41 to '47 Chev PU's. Keep on tinkering.

Welcome to RRR! Your truck is WAY too nice to mess with. Search around in the builds section, you'll find a lot of chopping info to help ya out. Even if it's not your specific cab style, it's good info.

G,day from a another Aussie. Only new here myself. I think your truck is a ripper mate. Don't chop it, ever. Anyway keep looking for another one. I was at Port Pirie a while ago, hell of a lot of old cars down that way hey. Wish I was closer to that area now.
Anyways catch ya round the traps some time. Keep roddin and rockin.
Cheer
Ripitupher:cool:

No chop chop

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome,
Don't worry, I promise this one is not going to get chopped up, although I'm not promising the old truck next to it isn't going to be, after all it was going to the scrapyard when we stepped in, rear tray on red one is just something the old owner dodged up, the old rusty truck next to red one is actually the same as red one , well minus a few parts and roof! Warner Town just outside of pt pirie used to have a massive wreckers that had acres of old cars and trucks, a whole shed just full of flathead v8 s and the owner sold them all off to the scrap metal guys, what a waste!!

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome,
Don't worry, I promise this one is not going to get chopped up, although I'm not promising the old truck next to it isn't going to be, after all it was going to the scrapyard when we stepped in, rear tray on red one is just something the old owner dodged up,

Welcome from New Mexico. Nice truck.
What does this term "Dodged up" mean?
I'm afraid I may guilty of it!!

Latest posts

Back