Geezer from texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer

hi folks. im geezer from texas.ive allways liked a good rat rod.we call my car the "LAB RAT". its a 63 nova wagon on an s10 frame and slammed. i chopped the top 7". the car will be about 39"tall when its done. i have a 454 to put in it. this is my first major project car and its ben a hoot workin on it.anything with an engine is cool with me. i like em all.

here is the ole Lab Rat, havent got to work on it in a good while.still looks the same as it does in these few pictures.

Attachments

• Nova Project picture -in the begining.JPG
    Nova Project picture -in the begining.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Nova Pictures 005.jpg
    Nova Pictures 005.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Nova Pictures 011.jpg
    Nova Pictures 011.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Nova Pictures 015.jpg
    Nova Pictures 015.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Nova Pictures 027.jpg
    Nova Pictures 027.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 24
welcome to the RRR! looks like ya got a serious project there......[cl
looking forward to seeing you shoehorn that bigblock in there......:D[;)

lab rat

welcome to the site geezer. 63 nova wagon hmmmmmmm now thats one of my additcions [the other is spelling] Im doing up a 65 nova wagon. would love to see how you went about puttin a s10 frame under a unibody.

when i lowered the body on to the frame it really made things tight for my engine. now im lookin for a couple extra inches under the hood. i can use a 3" cowl hood but i wanted to keep my hood origional but i mite loose that one. when i roll the rocker pannel under then you can tell more about the heighth of the car.i plan on shavin the door handles and loosin all the trim and no mirrors.i want it low,slick, and fast! if you ever chop a top, try to get your hands on an extra top. some of the chops go purdy much straight down but some get wider and longer on the way down.mine grew 3.5" wider and 11" longer. i didnt have to make any pieces of the top. i was able to make good use of the extra top.you can see the side pieces i cut from the second top in the photos and the center has one seam in the middle.it was allmost cheatin.ive seen some dang nice rats here allready. ive got alot of lookin and readin to do. again, thanks for the welcome.

hey wrinkles,lots of cuttin.lots. then theres an all new floor to build. nope, its not easy but i think its worth the effort.i took all the floor out except the verry back 3'. i still have alot of work to do on the frame and body mounts but im in no hurry. i just like havin it to work on when i get the time and money. which isnt that often lately.where your nova rear bumper mounts to the car, the s10 frame fits nice and snug rite between those mounts.the s10 frame is 4" narrower than the nova is. i needed to tub the rear to the frame anyway to get the 50's under it.

Welcome Geezer! You'll love it here. If you go with a 3inch Cowl hood, I don't think you'll be able to see out of the windshield![cl I love chopped anythings!.........CR

hi there cr55. thanks for turnin me onto this site.you'd think a cowl hood would be in the way but i can see over the 3" incher but i dont want it. im thinkin about reworkin my K member to see if i can get a little there. i still have to keep my oil pan off the ground though and i do want a big block.just becaues~~hahaha! aint it a hoot to workin on these rides!

s10 swap

hey wrinkles,lots of cuttin.lots. then theres an all new floor to build. nope, its not easy but i think its worth the effort.i took all the floor out except the verry back 3'. i still have alot of work to do on the frame and body mounts but im in no hurry. i just like havin it to work on when i get the time and money. which isnt that often lately.where your nova rear bumper mounts to the car, the s10 frame fits nice and snug rite between those mounts.the s10 frame is 4" narrower than the nova is. i needed to tub the rear to the frame anyway to get the 50's under it.

man that is a swap I have never heard of. I had built in frame rails on my nova, an I have a McGuyver front clip for the girl incl 11 in disc brakes 2 in drop spindles an a rack an pinion steering. Ive never thought of a chop as Im waitin for a 2 dr. doner car. plannin a 2 dr sedan del. as they wernt offered back then. great project keep us posted. :D:D

Very cool project Geezer! I've got a truck I did an S10 swap with but puttting and S10 under a ChevyII is way more work, love the chop too! One things for sure, you're not affraid to jump in with both feet!

Latest posts

Back