Gm 4160

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
I found one of these close to me. Is it anything good? will it bolt to a 350? The guy is asking $40. Just wanting to know.

Last edited:
More information on the trans. Its out of a 93 Gm passenger van. The guy really does not know much about it. I am just wondering if this is anything I should be interested in. :confused:

look closely

1993 was a changeover year for GM. The new 4L60E debuted in some models, while the last of the 4L60 transmissions were being used up. The 4L60 transmission is essentially the same as the 700-R4, with a TV cable on the right hand side that connects to the throttle body or carb. The 4L60E is the electronically shifted version, with no cable. Instead there is a large round electrical connector on the right hand side (opposite the shifter).

While it is possible to use the 4L60E, the 1993 version is not desirable, as there were many changes made to correct early problems. I would keep looking if it is the 4L60E.

On the other hand, the 1993 4L60 (with cable) is a good transmission. However, I would budget for an overhaul - for $40 you might get lucky, but probably not.

It will bolt to any small block chevy, chevy 90* V6, or 230/250/292 I6.

440shorty

Latest posts

Back