goin' crazy w/o electricity!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
well here in the northeastern corner of Arkansas we have been w/o electricity since the ice storm rolled through on jan 27....
looked like a tornado went through with trees snapping and roads blocked, tree limbs everywhere including on some people's homes or cars....
the only good thing i can share is that all my "projects" at the hotrod shop were fortunate enuf to miss the dropped limbs around my place....
"borrowed" the internet from a buddy to vent for awhile, and check the latest RRR news......

of all the things i've lost....i miss my mind the most!!:eek:

Preacher,
We had the big blow "Ike" down in on da coast & many folks were outta power for 3-4 weeks. Talkin' about limbs & stuff everywhere... it was unbelievable & they had a $10K contest for the best way to get rid of all that stuff. A guy from Rice University won for some stupid idea... go figure!?!?!?

BoB

Preacher,
I feel u're pain... we had the big blow "Ike" down here on da coast & many folks were outta power for 3-4 weeks. Talkin' about limbs & stuff everywhere... it was unbelievable & they had a $10K contest for the best way to get rid of all that stuff. A guy from Rice University won for some stupid idea... go figure!?!?!?

BoB

Yes yes im at work using our wi-fi here. Had to throw out all of the food at work, and just got a truck in today. Staying at the in-laws right now since they have a generator and heat, and with a 7 week old you need heat. Looks like a war zone around here, tops of trees are gone cause they broke. Electric company is saying could be MARCH......... yup, MARCH before we get electric at the house.

Preacher, stay warm over there and hopefully itll be up for ya before long. We have companies from Michigan, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, and maybe others that i havent seen yet.

Just some random pics from last week, its all melted now, well 90 percent of it anyway, still some in the shades. The last three are of my house. Drive way, then back yard, and then a distant pic of the front and side. And thats my Jap muscle car covered in ice. :D Oh and thats all ice, not a drop of snow in the pics.

Attachments

• ice storm.JPG
    ice storm.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 23
  • ice storm 2.JPG
    ice storm 2.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ice storm our driveway.JPG
    ice storm our driveway.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 18
  • ice storm outside our house.JPG
    ice storm outside our house.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 20
  • ice storm the house.JPG
    ice storm the house.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
YEE HAW!!!!!!!!

HEY our power just came on about 30 min. ago!!! (priorities forced me to do a few things here before logging on;)) hey trip, even here in ne ark we had a few days of downtime from ike but no way would our marriage survive 3-4 weeks w/o power!
well the local school where my kids go has said closed until further notice... kids best dream maybe a parents worst nitemare!? well as far as "bs" is concerned i feel as though i've fit the catagory .....so stay warm, stay safe, and keep the rusty one's rollin'

hey arkansawer, i been wondering how you and that new baby were doin!
yeah there have been entergy trucks and other independents working here from all over arkansas, mississippi, and even TEXAS! -- just funnin' ....it was a nice bunch of texans that just connected me back to the 20th - 21st century.... still plannin on a road trip w/ my hotrod.....maybe after all this is cleared from the main roads..............

Good to see y'all been hangin' in there Preacher & Arkansawer. Had a rough time of it last week here in the Bluegrass. Was lucky to only loose power for a few hours here. Tho water was out till Friday, regular phone till Sat & cable & internet till yesterday. There are still folks around that still don't have power or water. This is the second big power loss here in the last 4 months. Got 80 mph winds when the remains of Ike blew through in Sept.
Here are some random pics from around the yard.

Attachments

• HPIM3003 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3003 (Medium).JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM3004 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3004 (Medium).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM3018 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3018 (Medium).JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM3021 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3021 (Medium).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM3019 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3019 (Medium).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
Yea I the same!! No power! I was out in one of are VOLFIRE DEPT Trucks Clearing a tree off the highway! Well I was going to turn find a place to get off the road and get back to the firehouse, Well I was going into a curve and a Tree was comeing at me!:eek: So I ran like Hell as my Grandmother woud say. Well The main part of the tree missed the cab by 6 inches and it was a 18 Inch tree! well I got the part that was 7! Well the hood is pushed in Fenders the windshild is no longer! The Drivers Side Door is Totaled. Ever thing on the back of the truck got taken off! The Pump on the truck is bent up. To bad its are Brush Truck and now we are under a bun ban! JUST GREAT, But if we have to we can still drive it as long as we put are head out the door lol. If I woud of hit the Brakes the main part of the tree woud of went right on top of the cab and I just might not be on earth any more.

Woot!!! DAY 11!!!! We finally have power at the house. Now gotta get the phone company out there to replace the line that snapped off the house. But 11 days after the big ice storm, we finally have power. Oh its going to be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight.

Woot!!! DAY 11!!!! We finally have power at the house. Now gotta get the phone company out there to replace the line that snapped off the house. But 11 days after the big ice storm, we finally have power. Oh its going to be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight.

Funny thing happend! We got power back after near 2 weeks, But the hole time we had a phone line! Well near 1 week ago the MEX TREE TRIMING CREW :mad: Was out standing near the pole down from are house! Well after they took off I was GONNA get on the net! BUT NO Phone WHAT THE _____ I went down to where they was at. THE *(&&*^&*^ CUT ARE LINE, about 6 tonight we got are phone back. Why do people have to be that way.

We finally got our phone back monday. Took 3 weeks to get it back. And i think the only reason we got it back monday is cause i called, and after i was done with the first lady she transferred me to the manager. :D Needless to say i got put on the priority list, and when i got home the phone guy was just getting done with the line.

There are still ppl without electric. In the clay county electric area, there were around 300k poles down. In clay county, there were 15k poles down there alone. We are feeding all the linemen for free, and talked to some tuesday, said they are here for at least another 6 weeks. Thats going to be 2 months of being here, and 95% of that is putting up new poles. We have them here from Maryland, PA, West Virginia, Virginia, NC and SC, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Michigan, and southern Arkansas. There may be more but havent seen them all. Roughly 600 Linemen are here. ......... I think the biggest crew is from PIKE out of NC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back