Going offshore fishing next weekend

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

HI,I am excited.
Two of my cousins own charter boats here in inlet.
I was down sitting on pogo this week talking to guys and pogo`s captain said if my brother and I would pay for fuel he would take us offshore for free.WOW!- a free trip.
We are going to go next weekend if a charter does not pop up.
Pogo is fast.Has 2 engines and it can get 60 miles offshore in 2 hours at cruising speed.Just grab something and hold on for ride if any sea is rolling.
Now all my brother has to do is come up with his half of fuel money without his wife finding out.:eek:
I sure am glad I am single.[cl

I've had some fun times fishing off the coast of SC. Have fun.

^^^Yeah, what Drifter said......but it's been a few years:(
We are going off shore this December though, boarding at Cape Liberty, NJ and heading south to St. Johns, Antigua .........[S wonder if I'd get kicked off if I smuggled a pole on board and trolled from the 7th deck:D

Hope your bro comes up with his half of the gas money ...........have fun!

Yep, being single makes it a whole lot easier sometimes, doesn't it? :D I really miss living on the Atlantic side of Florida, we used to take our boat out about 50 miles every weekend. You never knew what you were going to raise.

Have fun and we expect pictures. :D

Don

Bummer!!!!!!!!!
Small craft warnings made us postpone trip.:(
We were planning to go before daylight this morning,but captain told me thursday he could not take her out this weekend.
The Pogo could have easily gone,but being a charter boat she cannot go out in small craft warnings.Coast guard,insurance,etc.
Now my brother says at least 2 weeks before he can go again.By then she may be booked solid.I should just pay for fuel myself and go one day this week.
Think I will drop by docks monday and see whats biting about 20-30 miles out.That would not take as much fuel.100-150 gallons should do it.
Probably just bluefish this early in spring.Anyway a day trolling for blues would beat a day on the hill.[cl

Last time I went they barely let us out. I have come to think that if I can't see land I don't want to go on the water. Too much Gilligan's Island as a kid I guess. I hope you get to go.

Latest posts

Back