Going open wheeled and "Hello"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutajunka

Hello all, I have been into cars and truck now for 34 years and have never built an open wheeled car or truck, so I thought it was time. Starting with the truck in my avatar, using the cab and hood, 1/2 ton front axle,2 by 4 frame, and was wondering what sort of grille would fit my pointed narrow hood. Not using the original, want something pointed and in a v to match the hood sides. Again "Hello"

before pics

Here's some before pics.

Attachments

• 46 er.bmp
    198.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 004.jpg
    1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 10
  • 1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 007.jpg
    1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 007.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 011.jpg
    1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 011.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 9
  • 1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 013.jpg
    1946 chevy 1 and half ton short wheel base truck 013.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to RRR, and that will be one neat project. I am not much help on yor question but wanted to welcome you. Hope you enjoy the site and a suggestion or two should be forthcoming.

Welcome to RRR, nutajunka. Nice looking truck. Looks almost too nice to cut up. Keep us posted on your build.

This old 46 was bought new and kept till the man was in his 80's. He did a restoration on it and then became to old to drive it. I got it because it is 95% rust free and that makes a project so much easier. The motor only had water in it and that took it's toll here in indy during a winter before I got it. Already picked up a 350 combo out of early van for motivation. Will post progress pics. as I'm only in the tear down stage now. There is some really cool rides here and I wanted to build one before I get to old myself. And "Thanks" for all the welcomes! :D

Welcome to the site. I have to agree with BruceR&C, that's a great looking truck. I think it's too nice to mess with. It's yours to do what you want but I'm just throwing out my opinion.

Thunder

Welcome!

Great truck to start with but I'm wondering why you would want to change that beautiful deco grill? Welcome to the forum and please keep us posted on your progress!

Rattler

Latest posts

Back