Gonna see how a caravan does..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

In a derby.

On our way to a county fair for the demo. My boys gonna run this turd of a dodge caravan in what's called the "gut n go" class. You can't do any welding on the car/van and it must be uni body and front wheel drive. It also can't be v8 powered.

Even tho my boy and I but heads constantly it's nice to have him out in the shop working.

The but heads thing is probably the age, Be glad you but heads some, it means they are trying to think for themselves. also be glad you have a shared interest. Looks like fun.

Well he ended up getting second place. The first place and third place cars where together and had tires on them that weren't legal. Pretty bummed over it cause a flat tire is what caused us to get second.

Very proud of my boy!
A few after shot of the van. I will get a few better ones in the light tomorrow.

And the tires that the third and first place cars where running.

We was suppose to run dot approved tires on stock wheels.

Luckily the strut ended up being a easy fix.

We will just weld the bolt to the strut so that it can't slide or rip as easy when hit in the wheel.

Well after some talking with the boy we are going to try to build a full size car for a passenger demo. I'm going to come out of retirement and drive this time and he can ride passenger this time. (I rode passenger in the van). I've decided that he could use a course in drivers education before I fund him anymore cars lol. Maybe we will do a build thread for the car.:D

Latest posts

Back