Good job, Pep Boys !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

My Son Dan decided to pull the two 600 cfm Edelbrocks off of his 468 Olds and put two 500 cfms on instead. He was going to order them today from Summit, but this morning I did some Googling and found out Pep Boys carries them at the same $ 319.99 each price as Summit. So I called them from work and they had two in stock at our local store.

Today after work, we went to the store and were really surprised at what Pep Boys has done. The sign outside said " Pep Boys Speed Shop" and when we went in the shelves were jammed with really cool hot rod parts. Everything from Holley, to MSD, to Comp Cams, and everything in between. They even carried little repair parts for Edelbrock and Holley carbs, as well as Russell AN fittings and an inventory that most speed shops don't have. Lots of chrome goodies and even things like racing harnesses.

The prices were very competitive and the buyers did a great job selecting really cool parts. They even fill NOS bottles there. Check it out in your town, I bet they have the same stuff.

Don

That is cool!!!!!!!!!
I'll see if they have done the same here.
Our Pep Boys store is on the ritzy side of town so we'll have to check ;)

I have to say, I was really impressed. They dedicated a good percentage of the store to speed stuff and they had everything from all the major name brands in the industry. I have seen less selection in real speed shops.

What was funny was that the manager was saying there was only one other speed shop in the area and a lot of people don't like going there because the owner is an a**. :D I laughed and told him I know exactly who that is and that I just had my own run in with him a few weeks ago and would never go back. He said that even the employees of that speed shop come to his place because they refuse to buy from their boss. :D

Here is their website that shows where they have the speed shops and what they carry:

http://www.pepboys.com/about_pep_bo...t-pep-boys:specialty-stores:speedshop_text_NA

Don

Last edited:
Wise move by Manny, Moe & Jack. The other Auto parts chains are focused on the ave. daily driver cars and don't market to our interest group. Speedway is a typically a two UPS for me. Going forward I'll check on Pep Boys 1st, there one in the next town. I haven't been in there in over a year, i think I'll go take a look this week.

I don't know if they even have a store in my state. I have never seen one, anyway. Have seen their ads on TV, but that's on satellite, not local.

Out store has had that for sometime, like a year of two, I made an ass of myself and assumed every store was the same and every one had one:(

I've signed up for their sales flyers emails and I get $10.00 & $25.00 coupons all the time. I've done that with all of the major parts stores it saves a lot of money if you play it right. I'm lucky that I have the 4 major stores all less than 3 miles from my house.
Unfortunately the Pep Boys near me doesn't carry all the hot rod parts like the one you have near you Don.

Really? Huh, I thought they had done this in all the PB stores. Maybe just certain markets or maybe they are seeing how it goes before they change over all of them.

The other nice thing is that the guys working there actually are gear heads and were able to discuss what we were doing without having to look at the computer. This particular PB is further away from me, by maybe 10 minutes, than Advance Auto, but I am going to go there a lot more from now on.

What impressed me the most was the selection of little hard to find parts, like an assortment of metering jets for Holley and Edelbrock carbs. I have been ordering those from Summit. They also had every AN fitting made as well as copper header gaskets from a few manufacturers. Their inventory is serious stuff, not just fluff, like braided hose covers, etc.

Don

Don

Looks like the closest one up in this area maverckmk is the one in Ocala. Check that link that Don posted in the first post, it shows the speedshops only I believe.

Back